1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LEAD = BAD NEWS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The price of lead on the open market has started to rise again. It has risen about 20% in the past few days. From $.68 to $.85 a pound. HMB

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

BUY NOW ... you will not regret it, lead has not been as cheap as it is now for almost a year so BUY NOW, buy all you can get before it rises to high again.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Hoosier Daddy- But, the speculators are betting a lot of money that in six months someone will buy the lead at a higher price than they agreed to pay for it. When the contract is called, the speculators may get some money or they may have to pay a lot of money.

Any of us can get into the futures market by noon today. If you want in, what you would be doing is agreeing to sell lead at the market price on January 11, 2009 and you would buy the lead at todays market price (ca 83 cents/pound). If you like to gamble, this is an opportunity for you to make, or lose, a lot of money.

Pat Ireland

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

If you can obtain quality lead (reloading type) priced in the mid $30.00 range, it will be sound fiscal management to buy as much as your pocketbook will allow.

I reload very little (just my handicap loads) now, but I can forsee a day when I'll do more. That is why I keep buying small amounts with each order. At present I'm well over a hundred bags and still adding monthly.

If for some reason I quit shooting, then I can always recoup my money.

Buy now, don't cry later. 'Tis better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Curt

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Pat...

At best the "Future's Market" is a crap shoot and if you wanna play, you better have steel balls!! Once in, there's no getting out.

Curt

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Curt- Sometimes it makes good sense to play the futures market. When I was growing up (I should say when I was trying to grow up, I never did make it) my father would sell, in January, a contract for 1/3 to 1/2 of our anticipated wheat crop. If the harvest was good, the price of wheat went down and we at least sold part of the good harvest at a higher price. If the harvest was poor, the price went up and we made as much on the futures contract as we made on the poor harvest.

Pat Ireland

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Still going up. It hit $.93 a pound this morning. HMB

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

34.50 Magnum Shot at Parks Dist. in North Carolina.

FYI

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.