1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead 5/29/2008

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I do believe the price of shot will be on it's way down next.

2. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Hey guys I could have told you it would PLUMMET!!! I bought a shot maker, have just about finished up making the tables, pans, screens and have piled up about 5000# of lead. It just had to come down!!

3. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

yeah!!!!this is good, no?

4. drh08

drh08 TS Member

I figure 3 months before shot starts dropping but who knows. I am more interested in seeing if factory shells drop in price at any time or they hold the line. I am wondering how much shot will drop as fuel has went up so much, they might hold the increase in shipping costs over our heads and not drop the price of shot. Then again who cares, shoot if you can afford it and don't if you can't. It's really the only 2 options you have.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Shipping charges average around $1.00 per bag!!

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is another interesting chart ... if the supply side keeps going up, the price will continue to fall. Bill Malcolm
    [​IMG]

7. pdq

pdq Member

I bought 20 flats of GunClubs from Dicks for $39.30 each last Thanksgiving. Between that and flats I already had, it's enough to last me until this coming Thanksgiving -- hopefully the price of shells will have fallen by then & I can resupply.

Pete

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I hate to be a pessimist, but I'll bet that the Lead Industry has learned what the Oil Industry, and so many other's have too. You can work less and make more money by creating shortages than you can producing. I'd look for a drop in supply, and a raise in prices, very soon. I sure hope that I'm wrong.

With our illustrious (elitist) Congress taking up Carbon Caps this week, fuel is bound to be going up also. Long past the time to rid us of them ALL! It's reactionary, and extreme, but I'm not voting for a single incumbent until they are all gone.

Kip

9. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

doubt it.

Where is your data that supports your statement?

its not the industry creating the oil price problem, its the speculators in Wall street.

Oil is a daily necessity for each and every one of us, Lead is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.