1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawry targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shark1, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark1

shark1 Member

What is your opinion of Lawry targets? I was shooting last night in southern DE and temp was in low 30s and damp. I watched a couple of targets not break but actually get pushed from the shot. The other people commented that were watching at the club. I was using a full choke with 1 1/8 ounce 7.5 shot 1145 fps. First time this every happened to me in my short shooting career. Comments?
    Mike Sharkey, DC

2. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

It aint the target but its your shells.

3. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

It aint your shells but its your locktime.

4. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I belong to 2 clubs that throw Lawry targets. We have mixed and matched these with White Flyers on both trap and skeet fields on many occasions, and not one person could conclude any difference in flight or break (or lack of break). I would wager the challenge to any club that has both brands. It seems what I've read on this forum regarding Lawry targets is that if the targets don't break and they're manufactured by Lawry, then the targets are poorly manufactured. If the targets are White Flyer, then the shooter just plain missed. My experience is if someone has a problem with Lawry targets, it's probably more psychological than the quality of pitch or paint.

5. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

Ah come on now ... it aint got nothing at all to do with the targets or the shooter or really anything at all except that the shooter missed the target and need to find something to blame other than themselves.

I have seen targets jump in crazy directions on more than a few occasions they have been both Lawry, White Flyer and other manufactures. Yes they did jump in a crazy way and there was no visable chips or anything so it technically is a ... LOSS ... oh well get on with it and shoot the next target cause as Forest Gump once said ... life is like a box of targets, ya never know how many your going break or something like that I think.

Oh yeah it aint your lock time but you need an adjustable combination comb/pad/forearm assembly system.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

M-60

Hope this helps.

Curt

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Oh...for to add...

For the State Shoot this year we will be shooting Lawry targets...all Black.

Curt

8. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

I heard they will be shooting the all black target from Lawry at the Grand this year cause they are cheaper than White Flyers ... yep ... and they are also going to sponsor a cheap meat steak night and give away free meat tenderizer salt for the meal as well.

9. shark1

shark1 Member

Curt I need the M-60. I need any thing that can help break a target. I am E class shooter and you will put me in that class. I need all the help I can get. PS I dont care about the targets at the state shoot I just want to see the bikini models you got for the shooters.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Load Dynamite

FRedmon

11. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

Yeah but during the state shoot they are getting free help from the over 80 bikini club so that they can celebrate one more year of thinking they are still good enough to wear string thong bikinis and trust me that only maybe a few of there great great grandydaughters might be good enough to wear there bikinis.

12. shark1

shark1 Member

Dear Charlie,
    I smell sandbagger. The runner up DE handicap person who shoots a very high dollar German gun, (must be E class). I also saw your vehicle at the Canton Inn when drove by the location, on my way to the range last night. Do not deny it. I know women love handicap shooters, and thats why you have all the good looking young girls in DE.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Mike...

Can you say: AA27AA?

Curt

14. shark1

shark1 Member

Curt I will be 40 this summer which will make me a vet. I will then be reduced to the 18 yard line. Sorry I do not get penalty yardage. Thanks
    Mike Sharkey, DC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.