1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawnmower Settlement arrived...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by spitter, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Got my $10.19 settlement, how about you?!

Jay

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

$10.19 is about enough for me to by popcorn and a softdrink for this thread.

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I got $21.84 and a year extension on my warranty. I think I will splurge on some Wally World Federals.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hell i'll bite. What did ya do to get a settlement for your lawnmower?

5. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I received $21.84. Was supposed to have received $35.00 but it was noted that due to the volume of claims the amount had to be reduced.

Oh well, $21.84 more than I had the day before--maybe a couple of boxes of new shells??

Allen

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Yep, got my $10.19 two days ago. My claim was for the Toro Personal Pace that has the 6.5 HP motor. I bought it 11 years ago, still going strong.

Wayne

7. k810329

k810329 Member

havent got mine yet

8. trapaa

trapaa TS Member

Me too, $10.19.

Bob

9. grntitan

Wayne--Those Toro Personal Pace are great mowers. I had one i used for about 10 years. Finally gave up on it after replacing the rear axle/drive unit twice. At $40 a pop, i couldn't justify replacing it again.

10. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Got $21.84 for the Kawasaki engine in my Gravely zero-turn. The $$ was appreciated, but the extended warranty card sent with it was of more value, in my estimation!

Kiv

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Personal pace mowers are great for level surfaces, but pushing it up hill is a PIA. We (my wife) uses a handle activated power system and it pulls her up hill. Adn coasts down hill.

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Was that about the deal where the marketing people came up with new (and optimistic) horse power ratings? I got a card in the mail about it a few years ago, but threw it away. I really do not care if the sticker on my mower says 5.5 or 3.5, the machine works good and is still dependable. I have a vacuum that says 4hp, I am smart enough to know that there is no way that little motor that runs through number 16 electrical cord develops 4hp, but I am happy with that machine also.

13. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Was this a paternity suit or something?

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Got $32.03 for 2 walk behinds and a rider. No warranty cards though. No biggy, the John Deere is still under warranty. The Snappers have been around for 10+ years.

Jerbear

15. grntitan

I'm guessing its a class action suit but i haven't had my original post answered yet. You know, the ones where the winner is the lawyer. He gets rich and everybody else gets a few bucks they call their settlement. Its a sue happy society now days. And we wonder why sh!t is the way it is. Geeezzz people.

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There was a letter or something that got sent to the house as my Craftsman self-propelled has an engine that was over rated on horsepower... It involved many mower brands, Briggs & Stratton engines, etc...

I think I got a similar settlement on my oil-less compressor which had over-rated horsepower also... but that's another class-action...

Jay

17. neofight

neofight TS Member

I got $124.27 for the pain and suffering from having to operate my old human-powered push mower. : ) I completely forgot about that program. I have no idea who filed this action in the first place, but it is a great example of "Only in America" . I think i am going to sue Husqvarna, as my chainsaw chain got dull after cutting up 20 cords of very dry Myrtlewood and i am quite miffed about the whole thing.

18. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Nothing here yet. I sent my info back in August last year.

19. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It's things like this that makes ya proud to be an American. I'd never admit to stooping this low. Problem is most taking the money wouldn't know a horsepower if it hit them in the ass. Peel the damn sticker off and they will never know the difference.

Most American consumers are idiots, makes me glad I don't have to deal with JQ Public. The manufacturers gave them what they wanted, and then they turned around and sued them for it. Everyone knows you don't need 30hp to run a 48" mower??????......You didn't know that?????? You probably need that check , then.

20. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Every time I bog down mowing thick grass with that 14 horse that was supposed to be a 16 horse I feel cheated. Now I have been redeemed!

The only thing better than money won, is money found. If getting that little check didn't put a smile on your face, I am not sure what would.

Do something good with that money, send it to the NRA. Buy a 4 pack of Wally world Federals for a young shooter. Use it to support your political views.