1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Law enforcement in action

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike Battista, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Can you believe this one. A customer of mine calls and wants advice on a gun matter. One of his employees, a mother, has a son who tried to buy an AR rifle at one of the local gun stores. He filled out the 4473 and after running the background check was denied. Seems he forgot about the felony conviction on his record. Son also has been treated for mental instability in the past.

The son goes home and physically threatens his mother. Mom, in fear of her life, doesn't call the local police buts goes out and buys the AR and brings it home after the waiting period. Bear in mind that the mother has been assaulted by her son in the past and is deathly afraid of him but will not seek help.

I told my customer to call the BATF and the local police department. The BATF response is thank you for the information but we don't have enough for a search warrant. Local police response is that the mother bought the AR legally and there's nothing they can do.

You wonder why we read about the mass shootings in the media. Sooner or later we are going to hear about this kid on the 6:00 news. This just what the anti gunners are waiting for.

Mike Battista

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Mike, why not forgo the sale?????

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Since straw purchases are supposed to be illegal and this seems to be one easily proven, it seems to me a letter to the State DOJ or equivalent is in order. Imagine the potential lawsuit if he uses the gun to commit a crime and the taxpayers will foot the bill.

Robert

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If she bought the gun for him (a convicted Felon) she did not buy it legally and she herself may of commited a felony in doing so ... Contact someone and do it fast before this Clown starts killing people, probably the mother first ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

I can't help but wonder if a dealer who knowingly participates in a straw purchase is in legal dodo just like the straw purchaser.

6. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

This could be very difficult if not impossible to prove. If I buy a gun and bring it home, I can allow my son to use it. What proof do you have that the mother bought it and gave it to the son to own. She may have wanted it for herself and will allow her son to use it.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

What happened to comon sense? Can you attorney? If you want soething screw up to the point of being worthless give it to a lawyer. The courts and the police need to extract their collective heads from their a$$. MORONS ALL

8. Juno

Juno TS Member

If she calls the crises center for mental health services, they will take care of it. She should have told the story to her boss and sought his advice prior to buying her deranged kid the gun. She is obviously not wrapped to tight herself.

Juno

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Third and Fourth hand hearsay information is always "Reliable" and sufficient cause for idiots on this site to bash the Police.

And you wonder why there are Moderators....

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.