1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Law Enforcement - Any using new Durangos??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The local police and possibly the sheriff's departments want my company to do the new installations of radios, lights, sirens, computers, wiring, etc. for their soon-to-arrive 08 Dodge Durangos. I have been in contact with Havis-Shield regarding equipment.

I've not done this in the past, other than trouble shoot and fix some electrical problems for them.

Because the chief, sheriff and a couple of captains are friends, I am considering taking on this task. Initially, I did not want to do this, but they are insisting.

I have a couple of questions for any of you who are familiar with the new Durangos and the equipment required to do the interior installations or radio and computer equipment.

We use what amounts to 4 radios (2 radios; local and state), and 1 same size for lights/sirens, and 1 similar size for rear directional lights. They want to, if they can, mount things more forward. The patrol guys complain of cramps quarters.

I you have some insights for what works and what does not, I would be happy to talk to you in this regard. E-mail me and I will give you a call.

Thanks in advance.

Whiz

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Thanks.

They have a couple of Durangos in now fully equipped, but they'd asked me to make some recommendations.

I do have several catalogs. Havis-Shield his their present supplier, but to change, and trying to figure out their part number is not the easier procedure.

I'll keep your email, and also get on the fleet manager mailing list.

Again, thanks.

Whiz White

3. front242

front242 Member

For whatever it's worth, Homeland security uses some Dodge Durangos. I just saw a pack of them with no license plates, no markings whatsoever and spoke to the officers about that fact.

F242

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

and. . . what was their answer?

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Whiz,

Drop me an email! Our fleet manager might have some insight into your issues. We are only responsible for the mobile data terminals and the GPS units. We currently have Durango's in our fleet.

FR

6. front242

front242 Member

My question to them was whether or not they ever worried about getting pulled over by a traffic cop when they were trying to be stealthy or doing surveillance. They said yeah, they think about it a lot. Apparently not enough to put on a license plate... They had six vehicles and none had plates, windows stickers, or any other markings. I ran across them eating dinner at a burger joint in town and was curious.

F242

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Hello Whiz,,,,we do have 3 new darangos for Chiefs cars ,,,,fire service,,,also my shooting partner is the owner of signal 10 lighting,,,,they do lites , radios and sireans,,,for police and fire equipment,,,I can try to have him give you a call,,,Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.