1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lautenberg claims NRA members want gun control

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The story at the link has embedded links not showing in this cut and paste. These embedded links go to other pages citing data to back this up.

NRA debunks contrived gun poll results– Media doesn't care<br>
    December 13, 10:30 AMGun Rights ExaminerDavid Codrea

Anti-gun New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg is crowing. Why?

[He] released a statement Thursday highlighting the results of a new poll that he said shows that members of the National Rifle Association support his initiatives to close the gun show loophole and terror gap and preserve gun sale records.

He's joined by (among many others in the "mainstream" press) anti-gun Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne, who writes:

magine if NRA members were more reasonable than the organization's leaders and supporters in Congress in understanding the urgency of keeping guns out of the wrong hands.

NRA leaders, meet your members.

NRA has analyzed the poll and posted a comprehensive rebuttal to this Mike Bloomberg/Mayors Against (Your) Guns propaganda tool. Among their findings:

The poll didn't explain that the watchlist has been under fire by the Department of Justice's Inspector General's office and the ACLU for improperly including the names of innocent people, and that many innocent people have been mistaken for those who are on the watchlist...

The poll mischaracterized the issue of NICS record retention. Instead of informing poll participants that the accused Ft. Hood murderer had been investigated by the FBI and found to not constitute a terror threat months before he went through a NICS check to purchase the gun he allegedly used in the murders, the poll simply asked whether "the FBI should be able to access and keep information about gun purchases by terror suspects in cases similar to [the accused Ft. Hood killer's]?" Worse, Word Doctors misinformed poll participants by telling them that the accused killer was still under investigation at the time he purchased the gun...

Since Word Doctors had no access to NRA membership lists, there's no way the pollsters could verify that any of the "NRA members" actually were NRA members.

Go on over and read the entire NRA release. Then see what I had to say about it over at WarOnGuns.

And then spread the word. Because we can be sure agenda-driven politicians and their mainstream media allies are counting on their manipulative distortions being what reaches the public to shape opinions.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Have you noticed how many pro-gun control articles have been showing up in the media lately?

Looks like the libs are filling their docket for next year. You labor union idiots who say, "Obama doesn't want your guns" are going to get a snout-ful.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That's exactly correct. Expect a move on Second Amendment rights after the Nov 2010 elections. A lot of RINOs and Dems will not be so worried about losing their seats then.

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Brian:

I would respectfully submit our republic would be better served if there were more restrictions on nitwits like Lautenberg and less restrictions on firearms.

sissy

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Politicians should be limited to two terms. One in office and one in prison.

6. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Guns only have two enemies:

"Rust & Politicians"

Colonel

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

Lautenburg is the guy respnsible for the law that permits anyone who was ever convicted of spousal abuse of being ineligable to ever own a firearm. I am not in favor of spousal abuse, only going back to before the law was passed. Double Jeopardy.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Lautenberg is a licknob.

Anything to pursue the agenda.

The people must be disarmed so the dan't resist.

Conservatives have to get more "in your face" and louder, it seems to work for the pukes.

HM

9. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

Hoosier that is prbably the most accurate assessment I have ever heard!! I for one try to buy as many guns as I can from private face-to-face sellers. Not that I plan on doing anything stupid with my guns but I think there will come a time when the crooks in Washington keep VERY close tabs on all guns ang gun owners. I just dont think it is their business how many and what guns I own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.