1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest UPS Gun Shipment

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I wonder how close I came to not getting my Perazzi Bunker gun?

The driver said it was NOT her fault, dropped off the package, and practically RAN to her truck.

The gun and case are okay, and all goodies were in the case. (WHEW)

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I feel for you BUT it was very poorly taped and most people that ship guns can see that .    Take a minute and tape then tape again use heavy tape . No gun I have ever ship,t would be coming out of the box like that .

I take a box and tape it well then put heavy paper on it and tape it again .

You know how this gun was handled so pack it well .

Happy you got it . ALF

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It should have been double-boxed, AND PADDED!

When I ship a Perazzi around, I not only double box, BUT I also put enough rip-proof tape on it to prevent the above.

The ONLY way I would have shipped that, would have been just for the case, no gun inside.

WW

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Who shipped it??? GOOD LUCK

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I got the gun okay, and it did come from a dealer, a new kid on the block. I sent him a pic of the case. I have gotten stuff like this from UPS several times. I have a commercial FED EX account. Never a problem.

I am glad it was in a good case. This Mirage Bunker gun is one of the best shooting machines I have ever had. It turns a Pitch target into a puff of Diesel smoke. Turns a Bio target into talcum powder!

This sleek racer is likely to have company soon. Several Brownings in the safe are about to get evicted.

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Here's my addition to the UPS photo gallery. Any one else?
    Mike Battista

7. sbhced

sbhced Member

Never put "Fragile" a box consigned to UPS. It only invites"Hey ya'll watch this.
    Shooting Coach, how about a heads up when you put those Brownings on the street.
    Ed

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

The other worse thing about those boxes they have that are torn open, they have no respect to even retape them and stamp them as damaged or torn in shipment & what not. I have gotten damaged boxes from the USPS that were re- taped and done that way, at least the USPS did the right thing in those cases and the items were safe and not damaged.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

How many times have people been warned on this site and yet they continue to use UPS? Does anybody know of another business that has said to it's "customers" Our employees steal so many guns that we now will only ship them overnight because our internal theft issue is costing us too much? Name me one other business that would make such a statement that you would still do business with? I think the whole thing is pretty funny. Jeff

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The pic with the Perazzi case is the person who shipped it, whose responsible for the poor packaging.

There's no way the end flap would have opened, if it was secured properly.

AND, also I see no packing material around the case, so I'm sure it was sliding around in the box.

One more thing...USPS doesn't always retape their damage either. I get boxes from the PO that I need to open in front of the PM to be sure the contents haven't been damaged. Also, if you plan to ship Priority-Registered, plan on your package floating around for more than a week. It took the last one from CA almost 2 weeks to be delivered. Quite slow for close to $60 postage.

Doug

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Trapperjoe, looks to me like the sender owes you for a package you never got? Insured?? I bought a 3200 on here from BillGrill. He boxed it perfectly safe, wrapped and re wrapped. When the box got to Idaho (vis UPS) it looked like a fork lift drove into it. Smashed all to hell. The stock was broken beyond repair. UPS delivered it with a crushed box insured and left, never said a word. Never will I use UPS again, never. Since then I have used USPS many times, no problem. I simply send it priority insured with a tracking recpt. 2 - 3 days and it is there safe and sound.

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I didn't take a picture ( stupid me ), but UPS delivered a shotgun to me with a large gouge in the buttstock several years ago. It wasn't in a case, but it was double boxed and well padded by the seller. You could see where something punctured the shipping boxes, so it had to happen in transit. I'll never use UPS again. They can race the big, brown truck right off a bridge as far as I'm concerned.

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

You ship your gun you take your chance . I lost a very nice Remington 3200 1 of 1000 to UPS thieves six or seven years ago . U.S.P.S. bent a new ALfermann barrel at no charge now Fed-X is telling me no more guns ??? You can forget going to a box wrap and ship place . I,m getting to the point if I can,t see the buyer(seller) no deal .

ALF

14. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Quote--"UPS delivered it with a crushed box insured and left, never said a word."

Who would send a gun without an adult signature during delivery? It costs $4. If it's $50 or more, I always request an adult signature.

15. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

Well UPS just lost my LMT Upper for my AR-15!

I am waiting for them to finish their "investigation" before I file a claim for the $800 insurance that it was covered for.

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    UPS = Unbelievably Poor Service

17. new loader

new loader Member

Anybody lucky enough to buy an expensive gun from me gets a custom made wooden crate.

<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/newloader/?action=view&current=SpecTrap_box001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Under construction.

<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/newloader/?action=view&current=SpecTrap_box002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Contents in bubble wrap.

<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/newloader/?action=view&current=SpecTrap_box003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Secured and banded.

I never worry about damage, but it could still get lost.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

new loader, I love it. You ought to sell the crates.

Or maybe some welders on here can make one even better.

HM

19. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Newloader- The only thing missing from your case is a GPS tracking device.

20. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

GunDR,,"Adult Signure Required", does not work either,,,I have had three guns sent me with that big sticker on them,, and never once have they ask or even stayed around to get one. They just drop them and run. UPS excuse, "It was a new driver".
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.