1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest project Maybe????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

heres a heavy skeet in 31.5" for a reasonable price (I think its reasonable at least): http://www.gunsamerica.com/classifieds/none/_976780097.aspx I didn't even know they existed til i found the one on gunsamerica

Figure you loose 3-4oz per .010 of backbore, probably closer to 4oz because of the length. The barrel I found is 1.92kg to start w/. Opening it 30 thou would get rid of 12oz, bringing it down to 1.58 kgs (3.48 lbs). this is w/ in an ounce of a set of std 31.5" barrels I found. Strip off the sideribs looses another 2 oz? All in all you would end up w/ a .760 bore barrel thats 3oz lighter than a similar length .730 bore barrel. Sounds like it would accomplish what your looking to do, but would it be enough weight difference for what your looking to do?

Would it be less effort/cheaper to find an old set of mirage barrels for the monoblock and have simmons re-sleeve it w/ .760 bore tubes (assuming they can get or make you overbore tubes in varying weights).

A thought on the barrel hangers. Make sure the ID of the k80 hanger would be compatiable w/ the OD od the perazzi barrels. You'd probably have to go w/ a k80 heavy skeet barrel hanger

2. skeet_man

looks like i was thinking while you were typing LOL. BTW, what do you mean by boxing the trigger? I've heard people talk about this from time to time, but no one ever explained it to me.

3. skeet_man

ah, i completely understand what your talking about now. Have you had a chance to try the blaser f3 yet? with the striker "hammers", the trigger reset should have very little distance, and should be pretty quick. I've not hand a chance to handle one yet, but might get a chance over the summer as a semi-local shooter bought one for trap and might break it out at a skeet shoot sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 hangers explained