1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lat/Lon of the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I'm trying to locate the Grand on Google Earth, without success. I'm looking where I think it should be, just off Rt#4, North of Sparta, but no luck. Will someone please supply the GPS coordinates, or a more up to date, on line, map program?
    Thanks in advance......mike

2. PAPAJAY

PAPAJAY TS Member

Mike,

Grand is located on Rt 18 Just west of rt4.

3. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Visually you won't find it on Google Earth. The mapping system was taken before the complex was built.

4. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

It's visually on bing.com/.

DoubleAuto

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. Was surprised that my old fav, Goggle Earth hasn't been been updated, as I was looking at the right area, just West of Rt.4. Thanks, Double, for the tip on bing.com, and right there it is. @ 38.1869N x 89.74.09W. The coordinates on the IL State website, proudly offered by it's Governor that Eddie offered, 39.11.163N x 89.45.255W puts it North of St. Louis. (grin)

In any case, from the Bird's Eye view, it's a fabulous complex, and amazes me that such a project could have been proposed, let alone completed. My congratulations and thanks to the folks who had the vision and dedication to see such a project to fruition. No matter what you may think about the location, etc; just think about what it took to "get 'er done".

I hope to shoot the Grand, some day.....mike

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The above link gives lat/long.

you have to select the function on the left of the screen.

Try flashearth also.

Google Earth lately has been showing the image dates on the bottom, I have seen newer ones in SD.

Funny, Google has a marker but the image was from 2004 so there's just a field where the marker is.

Type "world Shooting & Recreational complex" in the google earth go to box.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.