1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Last shot @ Plattsburgh (We're closing)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

After reaching agreement with the EPA, the Plattsburgh Rod & Gun Club (New York) clay target operation will cease at the end of the day on July 8, 2007.

ATA / NSSA member club.

The club plans on relocating and is selling $10 raffle tickets to pick up a few dollars to help ease the relocation process.

The club is raffling off the chance to Shoot the Last Clay Target on July 8th.

Winner takes Last Shot and also wins a case of CHALLENGER shotgun ammunition and $50.

Winner need not be present to win ammunition and the $50.

Last Shot Raffle:

www.losttarget.com/plattsburgh/lastshot/

Most that read this will never visit the Plattsburgh area, but if your interested in lending a hand, a ticket can be purchased via the Internet at the link provided.

The club is also offering for a limited time, Lifetime memberships:

Lifetime Membership Application:

http://www.losttarget.com/plattsburgh/news/lastshotjuly2007.pdf

As a side note. We are in final negogiations on 140 acres, zoning has been approved.

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I went to school at Plattsburgh State in the 60's, I remember it as god's country, hope your new club success. Bruce

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

sorry to hear about the closing,,,,,,looking forward to shooting at your new place,,,was up there in july of last year,,,good people ,,,good shooting,,,remember shooting with two members of law enforcement,a very big Trooper and a lady officer,,,,see you next time I am up that way,,,Billy<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

What the deal with the EPA. Hell they can not clean up the air?

Jim

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The deal with the EPA is, if you shoot over wetlands they have all the power.

You can fight them but it's a long drawn out affair, starting with a $1000 a day fine if you decide to keep shooting after the date they ASK you to stop.

You can ask for an injunction and go from there...

In any case, past history.

We're hoping to have a deal locked up in the next few weeks on final details for the move.

We received zoning approval on the proposed property prior to final negotiations with the land owner. We have no restrictions on operations except for those we impose on ourselves for good community relations.

As well as the raffle to raise a few dollars, this past week we opened up the sale of Life Memberships to raise badly needed cash. We have not sold life memberships for 15-20 years...

At the above link you can purchase a raffle ticket or buy a Life Membership...

You can deal with me directly instead, if your not comfortable going through the clubs web site. I'm the clubs Chairmen of the Board and a member of the ATA, NSSA and the NSCA.

One last thing.

Thanks to the local Budweiser distributer who pulled out all the stops to lend support to the last day closing activites that we have planned for 8 July.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.