1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Last post for a bit.............I promise.........

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by InsureGuy, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

I was lucky enough that a fellow shooter/dealer received 20 cases of .45 caliber ammunition recently. He was good enough to dole out the entire amount in lots of 4 boxes each. Yes, they were expensive but these were the +P jacketed HP's.

Anyway, I asked him about future purchases and stated that all of the "big dealers" were telling him that the factories were humming right along @ 24 hours a day of production. However, the biggest purchaser of the ammunition was the good ole U.S. Government. They went on to say that they are stock piling it.

Now the question I have is, "Could there be any truth to that ?" And the follow-up question would be "why ?"

I'd like your thoughts.

Jason

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Could it be trie that Obammy is going to send 17,000 troops yto Afganistan....like he said he would? Then those guys/gals will need lots of ammo to shoot those Taliban.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I didn't think we were still using 45ACP..

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Because we're not...Pretty sure the military doesn't use anything in .45ACP. They have the Beretta M9 in 9 mm, and the M4 in .223...plus a few others, but no .45ACP, as far as I know. Josh

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

No but some of the special forces do,,,,but most of their ammo is 9mm,,,,maybe that's why I can't find any at a decent price

6. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The Gov does not buy all their ammo from Independent sources........Most of it is made at the LAKE CITY ammo plant operated by Alliant/ATK.

Until some Blogger with no one in his pocket, actually tours a plant, asks questions and reports it as he saw it ......We are just being feed BS Rumors.

A lot of ammo is being produced.

A lot of it is being wasted overseas

Our military uses a lot

We give a lot of it away

And comsumers are hoarding it.

Keep in mind that the ammo we buy is no longer USGI Surplus.....The days of buying cans full of m193 are over, have been for some time now. The ammo we are are being fed is close but bifferent

If the reasons for the shortage are valid and its Bushes fault.....Just thank God that were not in a real war......Which could be comming., because we have shown that we cannot produce demand currently, let alone if things get worse.
    OF cource that..is...if, we are being told the truth.

I AIN'T BUYING IT----THAT THOSE PLANTS ARE MAXED OUT---NO WAY

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Oh my yes. They'll need lots of ammo for shooting the "tolley-bahn in Pockey-stahn before they go nuck-you-ler.".

8. new loader

new loader Member

This is where the Winchester 9mm is going. For the next 5 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.