1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Last night my wife and I were victims of...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ysr_racer, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Last night my wife and I were victims of a random act of kindness !!!

We go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse every year for New Years, and last night was no different. We got there a little early for our reservation and decided to sit in the bar.

As we were walking by the front door to the bar, I saw a limo pull up, and nice looking couple get out.

A few minutes later they were seated next to us in the bar. We exchanged New Years wishes and pleasantries.

They said they had been to three different restaurants, but without reservations they had to eat in the bar. Being the giving person I am, I invited them to join us, but they (thankfully) declined.

Later at dinner the waitress came over to our table with a bottle of wine, and said it was complements of the couple in the bar.

So the final tally was, I won gift cards at work for dinner, the random couple bought our drinks, and I was too cheap to valet park.

Happy New Years to me.

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me.
    Steve Balistreri

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Racer, I know sometimes that I think differently than a lot of folks and often have a hard time expressing myself but I will try. There is an old saying, "What goes around comes around." I prefer the Biblical version, "You reap what you sow." You need to remember this as it could really be important in your future. Please don't take this as any type of insinuation or put down as I don't know you personally but felt to respond as it was a good thing. I too wish you a Very Happy New Year. Jackie B.

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I wish my wife would give me a "random act of kindness" if you catch my drift.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nice story racer, now dont foget to pass the favor onto another in some way

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Those offers (like please join us) and others like that are just about extinct, sure makes you feel good to hear about one again. Ross Puls

7. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Thanks guys,

I enjoy meeting new peple and making new friends.

8. radeck

radeck Member

Many years ago and probably before kids, was driving home (it was about 400 miles) and stopped about 40 miles short of the house to eat dinner in a fairly nice Italian restaurant. They had a bar area in the restaurant, and we got seated near it. Two gents at the bar were having a grand old time. Lots of good times being exchanged, that sort of thing. Their carrying on really didn't bother either of us, but when the check came one guy said he was paying for our meal as they was "disturbing us". I tried to say no, that everything was ok; but he wouldn’t hear of it and insisted he was going to pay for our meal. The restaurant is long gone, but I still remember.

9. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

LUGNUTZ,

Once a month I recieve the Act of Kindness from my wife. She never tells me ahead of time when it going to happen and she aways finishes with a nice "AHHHHHH YOU F#@ker!!!!"

10. revbook

revbook Member

About 7 years ago my wife and I were traveling to Virginia for a long weekend in Williamsburg and stopped at the Gateway Diner in Breezewood, Pa for breakfast. There were two young servicemen quietly having breakfast across the dining room from us. I summoned the waitress and asked her to give us their check and not to tell them, just say it was someone thanking them for their service. We left before they did but I often wonder what their reaction was.

11. 682LINY

682LINY Member

things like that happen,, pass them along,,2002 a group of us were traveling to Wash DC for Rolling Thunder,, Memorial Day weekend,,, we stoped to eat in state line Pa,, we were a group of fire fighters , both NYC and volenteers,, who had been at WTC on 9/11,or the days after, when we were ready to leave we found our bill had been paid by someone who had left all ready,,, We all try to pass that type of giving along

12. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Paying the difference when an eldery person in front of you does not have enough money at the supermarket checkout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.