1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lasik and Shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GrumpyGramps, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrumpyGramps

GrumpyGramps TS Member

After almost 50 years of putting up with glasses and the associated pain of trying to see with fogged, sratched, dirty, sweaty, wet lenses I decided to have Lasik done and have scheduled it for next month. I am going with the best doctor I can find and am having it done at a University Medical Center, so I feel pretty comfortable with the procedure. What I am wondering is what the outcome is going to be with regard to shooting. I not only like to shoot trap, but also pistol and rifle and would be interested in what others have experienced with regard to shooting after having Lasik.

2. William681

William681 Member

I can only say, DO IT.. I had it done 8 years ago, also after almost 50 years of declining vision. I went from 20/400 to 20/15 in a matter of seconds. I have had no ill effects..halos, dry eye, etc. Would do it again in a flash, going to the Dentist is a far more disagreeable experience. I do have some issues with reading depending on light conditions and size of print, pair of 1.25 drug store "cheaters" handles that. Have no issues when shooting shotguns, scoped rifles, or handguns. Rear sight on some of my open sighted rifles sometimes are a bit blured, depending on how far the rear sight is from my eye. I also have become very protective of my eyes, always wearing eye protection, whether shooting, hunting, or working around the shop. A $4000.00 (then) investment is to be protected.
    Bill

3. Harold

Harold TS Member

You have to wear shooting glasses anyway, don't you?

4. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Gramps,

Best money I ever spent was on getting lasik. Quick procedure and 20/15 results.

Only regret is that I didn't get it sooner.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
lasik for hunting

lasik surgery and shooting

lasik trap shooting
trapshooting and lasik surgery