1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LaserFire/LaserShot users?? opinion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chipmaker, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

HAs anyone purchased either of these? I am most interested in the LaserFire and really how well it works. It appears to me that you must buy the laser shot to use the LaserFire. When you add those to together its a lot of money, so I want the pros and cons before I buy into the deal. I read one post where the laser was not concentric with the bore and the customer contacted the company about it and they never replied. I'm all about service after the sell so if they don't stand behind it I want to know.

2. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I use the LaserShot device with my Terry Jordan wall chart for practice. Sometimes I will trigger the laser before moving my gun to see the movement I make relative to the chart; but usually I use it to see if I'm pull the trigger at the approximate correct time. Good device, but a little pricey.

AndyH ;-)

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have not tried the model described above, but models I tried several years ago did not give the same point of impact each they they were inserted.

And, what will they really do? The light travels in a straight line and shot begins to fall due to gravity as soon as it leaves the barrel. For me, a few shots at 13 yards using an empty target box set on edge gives more information. Ten shots on paper are better than three shots at empty target boxes and both are superior to the laser bore lights I have seen.

Pat Ireland

5. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

I was to understand that the laser fire would project a "target" and also a lead laser spot, you can set it up to simulate trap skeet a sporting clays. I was hoping someone had experience with it in those apps. Even though the bore sight app would be of some value if it can be adjusted to be concentric with your bore.
    I would have thought a long rod with an adapter for the chamber and one for the bore would put you closer than just stuffing it in the choke end of the barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.