1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

laser surgery-good or bad?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by puablo, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

just wondering what your opinions are of laser surgery...thanks, puablo

2. deadelk

deadelk Member

I had my eyes done about eight years ago and have for the most part been happy with the results. Make sure you ask your Doctor if any astigmatism is present during your exam. If there is, find out if your procedure will correct it. Good Luck

3. leadvail

leadvail Member

Puablo ,

I had it (wavelength) or something like that last Feb.and love it . I had mono done, left eye so I can read the paper or see close up, and for distance ,dominate right eye. Its great and I noticed shooting better right away. My scores really improved. I shoot one eyed. With glasses all my life I only could only get 20/25 and now 20/20 using both or right eye. The plan I got is lifetime in case I decide to have my left eye brought to 20/20 or if I change worse than 20/20 in my right eye. Iam 52

It worked for me!

Bob

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I ended up with very bad dry eye after having Lasik. Working on the computer all day is no help. There are some days that I can see pretty good. I have plugs in both eyes to help and I only get partial relief.

5. brian5003

brian5003 TS Member

Had mine done 3 years ago....could not be happier. Custom wave front lasik. 20/15 corrected. Better night vision than I've ever had. Better vision than glasses. Before the surgery I wouldnt even wear contacts because they didnt correct as well as glasses.

PS did have slight astigmatism and the custom was able to correct.

Brian Werner

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I had regular and fairly satisfied...my right eye has weakened again though so I will need a touchup

7. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I also had lasik about 9 yrs. ago and I think its the best thing I ever did. I wore glasses for more than 45 years. But I didn't go into this blind (bad pun)
    folded. I did my research and actually saw about 17 different doctors. Many Doctors can and will do it but find a good one. One feels a little pressure but I had absolutely no pain. I could see much better as I sat up from the table. You are awake the whole time and the whole deal takes about 15 minutes. I was one of the lucky ones and have 20/15 out of both eyes. Oh and I had BAD astigmatism. My scores have improved, I might add.

8. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Best money I ever spent - a year later and still 20/15.

9. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

20/200 to 20/15 in less than 5 min. Best $3K I ever spent. Darren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.