1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Laser eye surgery and shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Capt. Morgan, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

My office manager had Lasik in October...nationally-recognized surgeon, newest equipment. He now sees halos around lights at night. He was told it was possible/likely but he couldn't imagine how annoying it would be until he had it done. He sees well...during the day.

Morgan

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It took a year before they diminished to the point they could be ignored for me...they will go away mostly...be patient

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Thanks, I've given him that information. His surgeon would not make any predictions or projections regarding the condition.

Morgan

4. wm rike

wm rike Member

Initially the halo may be almost intolerable, but will diminish over a period of months. Some may remain permanently. By the nature of the procedure, the halo effect should be more or less proportional to the amount of correction that is dialed in. As the amount of correction is increased, the area (diameter) of the reworked cornea decreases. Under reduced lighting conditions the iris may open enough to "see" the edge of the corrected area, which is to say it also sees the the uncorrected portion of the cornea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.