1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Laser Bore Sights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Can anyone recommend a laser bore sighter kit for 22-50 cal and 12 ga?
    Thanks
    Railroad

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I use an SG-120 12 ga. professional targeting system. It has a sound activated switch that turns the laser on when the trigger is pulled. Works great with a Terry Jordan Chart & an exercise weight/snap cap ( adds about 1.5 lbs to the gun) during my drills. the e-mail for the company is sitelite@aol.com or 1-800-4732-4405

Phil Berkowitz

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Laserlyte is one of the best for 22 to 50 cal. I haven't used one for 12 ga guns. Jackie B.

4. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Thanks
    RR

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I bought a chambore bore sighter from cabela's when they where on sale for my 5.56/223 it worked very well. It is the type that you buy sleeves for larger calipers to put the 223 laser in. I have not tried any other size. I bought muzzle end laser thing, it wasnt very good.

6. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Just need 22, 270 3030 and 12ga. Also is the new laserlyte green kryto worth the xtra money??
    RR

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Don't get the Sightmark magnetic laser bore sighter. It says it fits all calibers and aligns itself magnetically with nothing going down the bore. Nothing down the bore is right but the magnets just hold it flat against the muzzle so it's up to you to eyeball whether it's centered up or not which is impossible. Sounded good in the ad, thought it must have some kind of cone or something to center itself up, but nooooo it just sticks flat to the muzzle with nothing to center it. Worthless except the dog likes to chase the dot around the house, that's fun. The web site is above or here http://sightmark.com/catalog/product/44

They even say it's more accurate than a arbor style bore sighter!!!! My God do they have Obama's guys writing their ad copy? Here's a pic so you know what to avoid.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.