1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

---Laser Bore-sights for shotguns, Do they help?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cec, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cec

cec TS Member

Now that in-chamber bore sights for shotguns are available, do you think they will help establish better gun alignment and gun swing?

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

The only advantage I see to the laser bore sighter would be getting a comb aligned on centerline. That being accomplished, a pattern board to set the POI.
    With those completed you should be able to fine tune your stock to your preferences. Would probably save on wasted shots trying to determine just where it's hitting. Then, set up on some straight-away targets from post three till your satisfied. Now show the boys how well the gun shoots.

Big Jack

3. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

I have an in-bore laser bore sight that I use for all my trap guns. You load it into the chamber as you would a shell. I set them up on paper at 10 yds so that they all have the same line of sight at that yardage. Works very well for me and saves me a ton of time at the patterning board.

The only problem is that the small watch batteries it takes do not last very long.

Darryl

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Unless the laser is precisely aligned in its housing and the housing fits snugly and precisely in the chamber, you may as well just shine a flashlight down the bore.

Keller

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I've had the opportunity to see a couple of them..both had "O" rings that held them centered in the chamber. Now, if the chamber is out of line with the bore, you might have a problem. (Have never seen one out of line but they may exist) Still like the old "Peeps" for checking barrel consentricity.

Big Jack

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The laser that fits in the choke will tell you where the gun shoots. The chamber laser may not if barrel is tweaked.

Hap

7. cec

cec TS Member

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I'm glad to hear they are helpful.
    If anyone is interested, I put them in inventory and more information is available at the URL above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.