1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LASER BORE Sighting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coffee, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffee

coffee Member

Does anyone have experience with laser sighting a 12ga Trap Gun for POI before actualy shooting on paper. And which ones work best. How reliable

2. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Works great, but does not take into account the "shot fall" so not a true POI (but how accurate are other methods). I use mine to practice pointing at the wall, corners, dog, etc. Close your eyes and bring the gun up to your shoulder, does it aim where you a trying to? A great way to build "muscle memory" and gun control. AJ

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Helps in aligning adjustable comb & butt. It'll get you close.

Big Jack

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I have a SiteLite SL-500 and it is a great tool. Uses a green laser - very visible for daytime rifle work at a distance. Not a cheap tool but you get what you pay for. If you are using titanium choke tubes or the new Muller this is not the tool for you. A general comment is "if you are buying something to use only once this will be a very expensive purchase".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.