1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Laser Bore Sight to determine POI

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by everettjunior, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to use a laser bore sight to help set up the POI on their trap gun? I was wondering what the pro's and con's are to doing this and how acurate they are. I was wondering if they really work before I invest any money into one. Thank you very much.

Everett Haley, Jr.
    ehaley_jr@yahoo.com

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I have used them for POI and they work pretty good to get your rib and/or comb set. I still use the 13 yard paper target to confirm the POI.

CHEERS

3. fang1

fang1 TS Member

I believe just the opposite. Laser gives you your pinpoint center of where the gun is shooting. Hieght and left or right. Patterning gives you how tight and how well your bb's are distributed in a given area, and a guess at where the center of that area is, as well as a lot of wasted ammo.

A good quality muzzle centered laser can be one of the best tools a clay target shooters can have. And you can use it almost anywhere.

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Easy answer is to use both. Use the laser to get the comb where you think it should be. Then, finish the job at the pattern board and shooting clays. Jake

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

A laser bore sight is not able to directly measure the POI. The light travels in a straight line and shot begins to fall due to gravity as soon as it leaves the bore. Shot will fall about 3 inches in 40 yards.

Pat Ireland

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Greg Hissem uses one when adjusting your stock to fit you.

That speaks volumes, in my opinion.

The trick though, is being able to interpret what you see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

using bore sighter for loopholes