1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LAS VEGAS SHOOTING PARK / PICTURES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gusto777, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Thought some of you might enjoy recent photos of the new Clark County Shooting Park near Las Vegas, Nevada. The Park is located near the foothills in the far north part of the Las Vegas Valley off of North Decatur Boulevard. The Park encompasses 2,900 acres of former BLM land of which about 180 acres has been developed and is currently in use. The Park's Master Plan calls for an additional 900 acres to be developed with the remaining 1,800 or so acres to act as a Park Buffer and a Natural Preserve. The currently devolped property consists of the Main Administration and Maintenence Buildings, Shotgun Center Building, 24 Trap/Skeet Fields with RV Parking, Rifle/Pistol Center Building, Rifle/Pistol Ranges, Archery Ranges, Education Center Building and RV park with Full Hookups. The Administration Building and RV Park are at the south or lower end of the Park with the Shotgun Center and Archery Ranges further up towards the foothills and the Rifle/Pistol Center and Education Center further towards the foothills at the northern or upper end of the Park. Hope you enjoy the photos. Gus

Park Entrance
    [​IMG]
    Main Administration Building
    [​IMG]
    Directions to the Venues (Education Center on the left in the background)
    [​IMG]
    Shotgun Center Building
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Shotgun Center Pro Shop and Indoor and Outdoor Dining Areas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Trap/Skeet Fields
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rifle/Pistol Center Building and Rifle/Pistol Ranges
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Trap/Skeet Line Coming Down From The Rifle/Pistol Center
    [​IMG]
    Views of Downtown Las Vegas and the Vegas Valley from the Shotgun Center
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Trap/Skeet Fields At Night
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Wow, that's an awesome facility. What does a round of trap cost?

3. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Rich . . a round of trap is $6.00.

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

24 traps! When is the first Trapshooting Tournament scheduled?

5. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Unfortunetly Big Heap no tournaments have been scheduled at this time.

6. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Do they have any gun rentals available? I am in Vegas several times a year and shoot at Desert Clays in Boulder City. Friends and I go there and can rent guns and have a ball. I was hoping to be able to shoot here too!

7. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Amazing! Thanks for posting this. Very inspirational. Meaning,... maybe the shotgun sports will continue afterall, in spite of all the negative predictions.

8. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Boomer . . . they do not have any gun rentals at this time.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx for an awesome update on this complex. My son lives in Vegas now and I cant wait to go visit. I will forward these photos to him now. Totally awesome

10. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Great pictures. When I was visiting in mid-May the staff told me the ATA had certified the facility and they were planning on trowing registered targets in "the fall".

11. Trapped in Trap(TIP)

Trapped in Trap(TIP) Member

Actually, for 20 bucks, you can rent an over under in 12 or 20 gauge and, for 8 bucks a box, you can buy Fiocchi ammo too, but only if you are renting one of their guns. They apparently decided they don't want to make any extra money that might help the place be financially self sufficient by selling shells so bring your own if you bring your own gun. There's a WalMart 4 miles down the road if you forget. Makes sense if you hold your breath for 5 minutes or so.

I tried not to be sarcastic but me thinks I failed. The park is new and they're still working the shine off of it but they're getting there, slowly, and one day, we just might shoot registered targets at the nicest facility on the West Coast,(or the USA for that matter), which one would think was one of the prime reasons the place was built in the first place. As it currently stands, the whole park is set up to serve the casual shooter with the infrastructure, but not the organization or real desire, to accommodate the paying competitive shooter. Until then, the Vegas locals are and will continue to log a lot of road time, boosting other area's economies instead of our own. With 14% unemployment, it's not like we need the dough or anything. That's really dumb to me, to have to drive 200-500 miles to shoot when I live in a city with a world class trap and skeet facility.(I should state for the record that I've probably shot more trap out there than any other shooter, so my comments are based on my own experiences and observations, which I think most, if not all, of the regular ATA shooters who shoot there would agree with, some in more strongly worded terms).

A good next step will be to get the trap houses certified by the ATA. That might prove challenging, as to the trained eye, the houses look "big and tall". We'll see when they get around to shooting the grade.

Perhaps ultimately it will be run by a private contractor or at least an experienced shooter who knows what he or she is doing and knows what shooters need and want. Until then, it remains a fun, but sometimes frustrating, place to shoot. The Guns and Grub Cafe is PDG, so at least you can eat good.

Anyway, great pics. It's a nice joint for sure.

Regards,

Russ Roberts
    LV, NV

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rental guns are new SKB's Have 12 ga. and 20 for Jrs. and ladies if they desire. State delegate will be certifing the houses and there is a group that is working with the county in getting the costs down where there can be Registered shoots for ATA and Skeet and be able to give back to the shooters.. Progress is being made.

13. Mapper

Mapper Member

It certainly is beautiful, but it looks mighty expensive to build. I would think it will be a long time getting paid for.

14. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

That's quite a monument. Is the the place that they said they were going to have 150 trap fields? The trap houses do appear to be tall.

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow. Unbelieveable facility.

16. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Sorry about the mis-information about the gun rental apparently rental guns are available. I think the Master Plan consists of 96 Trap/Skeet fields.

17. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Do any of these people know anything about trapshooting?

Shooting Park Advisory Committee Members

Steve Baker (Alt.Angelo Carvalho)
    James C. Borchers Jr.
    Frank Brown
    Commissioner Tom Collins (Alt. Jennifer Robinson)
    Marlin J. Dingle
    Floyd Coons
    Art Dixon
    Richard Fletcher
    Don Helm
    Charles Kajkowski Jr.
    Kevin Kelley
    Senator John Lee
    Joe Luby III
    Ron Lurie
    Michael Lussem Dolores McNamara
    Chuck Musser
    Martin Olson
    TC Parker Sr.
    Stanley Parnas
    Michael Pierson
    Adam Pinto
    John Michael (Mike) Reese
    Councilman Steve Ross (Alt. Tuesday James)
    Brian Scroggins
    Klaus Stetzenbch
    Glenn Trowbridge
    Paul Valentine
    Susan Wohlbrandt
    Anthony(Tony) York

Advisory Committee Charter
    The Advisory Committee's scope of authority includes:

Follow County Commission direction throughout the duration of the committee assignment.

Provide input on policies, procedures, designs and programming for the Park as appropriated.

Act as a recommendation and review committee and report back to the County Commissioners.

Act as an advocate for the Park.

18. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

Wow, impressive.

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Nice place. Who is running it?

20. warren

warren Member

I attented the Nevada State Trapshooting Asso. meeting in Elko and the report on the Las Vegas facility was that there would be ATA events there in 2012, the reasons were unclear to me.

warren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

charles kajkowski

floyd coons master shooter lv nv
las vegas trap and skeet
las vegas trap fields

las vegas trap shooting park

rifle shooting venues near las vegas
susan wohlbrandt
trap and skeet shooting ranges las vegas