1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Las Vegas shooting facility

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by old pipe, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

Went to the shooting facility on Wed. to see the finished product. I must say it is a place to hold tournaments. This place puts Sparta to a secondary place
    to hold tournaments. Seeing is believing, I wish I had my camera to show how
    shooter friendly it is, a sods machine every 2nd bank, water fountain every bank
    a open shed for shade,benches and table at every trap,who ever thought of these
    items knows whats needed out there. I hope that ATA will give an OK for holding tournaments soon. I hope this will give you shooters an up date on whats going on in L.V.

Aloha, Howard Chang

2. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Sounds great. Whenever possible, please take some photos and post. Vegas is a fun place to visit!!!

Matt Nicol

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Matt, you have PM

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If you want to feel like you died and went to heaven, go to Las Vegas in January for (1) the SHOT show (2) the International Sporting Arms show (3) shoot sporting clays, trap, and skeet at the Clark County shooting facility, the Nellis Gun Club; Desert Hills in Boulder; and the Oasis in Mesquite. Bring your gun or you'll wish you had.

Note: Even though you'll feel like you're in heaven, don't expect to find 72 virgins in Las Vegas.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'm sure the ATA doesn't have to give the OK for anything. All the state secretary has to do is submit a date and it's a go from there. It sounds like a great place to shoot.

Neil

6. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I can tell you from personal experiance it's a FANTASTIC facility with FANTASTIC personell, I shot there in a P.V.A. Shoot a couple weeks ago and it is a GREAT facility very well thought out and planned with the SHOOTER in mind very clean a well kept, They clean up the trap fields after every round and were the nicest people to deal with. If you get the chance to shoot there DO IT you wont regret it!!!!!!!! I know I will be returning whenever they have any registered shoots !!!!!!!!!

Mark

7. dtrap

dtrap Member

What does it cost to shoot there ?

8. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I paid $6.00 per round for practice.

Mark

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Pineapple, Did you ask them if they are going to have any registered shoots in 2011? I think a lot of folks would love to shoot there but aren't interested in traveling that far just to practice.

10. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Registered shoots are in the plans and will post on this forum when first shoot will be held. First shoot will likely be a two day weekend shoot.

11. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Was in Vegas last week. put las vegas gun club into gps. when I got there weeds were all around the place. I guess I went to the wrong Gun club?

Rick

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Las Vegas Gun Club has been closed for a while!

The new club is at the North end of Decatur Street.

13. Greg LV

Greg LV Member

Below is the link to the Clark County Shooting Park in Las Vegas

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/parks/locations/Pages/ccsp-photo-gallery.aspx

14. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

How many traps are there?

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

25 Pat traps.

16. makalii600323

makalii600323 TS Member

I'll 2nd what Pineapple says! I still miss LVGC, but the new Clark County venue, is very impressive. Hope the Nevada ATA Secretary puts in some requests for some regestered shoots! I'll be there for sure. I have pictures, but can't seem to post.

Aloha,

Sterling

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

As it relates to running a successful clay target facility, I think the folks at Clark County have completely missed the point. The practical aspects of a clay target facility is to throw as many targets as you can. It should be their utmost goal.

Putting a world class facility in and only half utilizing it is folly..........specially in a resort town that has a rich history of big trapshooting registered tournaments. They're missing the boat.

18. Art D

Art D Member

It was my pleasure to shoot at the old LVGC, my wife and I really enjoy the hospitalty received from Steve Carmichel at his shoots. Clark county miss the boat my not including him in the facility. One of the best when putting on a VERY GOOD SHOOT.

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Any pictures of the trap fields and buildings?

20. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

So, is this a shooting park that is run by Clark County and not independently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting facilities las vegas