1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LAS VEGAS GUN CLUB'S FINAL DAY-

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LV Trapshooting Park, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Trapshooting Park

LV Trapshooting Park TS Member

LAS VEGAS GUN CLUB

Sunday, December 20th, marked the final day of operation of the Las Vegas Gun Club (formerly the "Sahara" & "Mint" gun club), closing the books on over 60 years of trapshooting history, once and for all. Many of our old friends and customers from the last 20 years come out to shoot and visit with us. Just during our tenure, we threw over 40 million targets, and hosted thousands of ATA and league shooters.

Just before dark, my son & daughter (both grew up in the clubhouse!), and myself, shot the last trap targets to ever fly at this location. It was the end of a truly great period of our life.

I would like to thank all of you for your patronage and friendship during our time here, and the best to all of you in your future trapshooting endeavors.

Sincerely,

Steve Carmichael, Las Vegas Gun Club- 1990 - 2009

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Steve,

All the best to you and the Family, keep us posted as to where and whats going on if you come out of retirement ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thats really sad. Just like when Vandalia closed

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I only shot there once, and Steve put on a FIRST CLASS shoot, and was a FIRST CLASS host.....

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Sad day! I always had a great time out there. The mid winter shoot that you had in February was Christmas for me.

Best wishes Steve, hope things work out.

6. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

The Las Vegas Gun Club was where I always shot my best targets. I'll surly will miss the place. Where ever Steve goes I'm sure I will find my way there to one of his shoots.

Ken Cerney Wisconsin

7. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Most people feel change is good, not me, I wish they could just leave the good things alone. Always enjoyed going there, it was a special winter adventure. Best wishes. Glenn

8. Shakamaka

Shakamaka TS Member

Steve, the HAWAIIANS really appriciate the ALOHA you and your staff has shown us during all the great shoots we attended. Most of us was just starting out shooting ATA matches, but your club made us feel very comfortable, and at home. For this, I Thank You, and wish you and yours a very Happy Holidays. Tommy Kushima

9. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

I always wanted to come out and shoot your club steve but unfortunatly with money being tight I never made it out. always heard great things about your club.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good luck. With your experience and expertise, you'll do fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.