1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LAS VEGAS GUN CLUB DEC ATA SHOOT UPDATE-

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LV Trapshooting Park, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Trapshooting Park

LV Trapshooting Park TS Member

After considerable contemplating, we have decided we must cancel our 5th Annual Holiday ATA Tournament, which was scheduled to be held Dec 9th thru 13th. It will just run us too tight in preparation for shut down and total evacuation of the facility. We have 20 years of accumulation here to deal with, and it will be a daunting task to say the least.

I want to thank all of you that have supported this tournament in the past and hope you can make it up for the Fall Tournament that starts in less than two weeks on Sept 15th. We will also have two-day ATA events in October (10th & 11th) and November (14th & 15th.

Steve Carmichael

Las Vegas Gun Club

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Zardo,

Thats a sweet memory ..? lol ... This is all part of the changing tide and its not good for the future of trapshooting ... If not for the clubs like this all across America trapshooting would of died many years ago ... All the Best in all you do Steve, and Thanks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. LV Trapshooting Park

Hey Tommy,

I'm going to refresh your memory just a little bit on what actually happened down on the lower end! After we shot our 3rd trap (1st one below the steps) I didn't have a zero post, but I did have a great total of 13 on that trap. As you remember it was very cold and windy (Don Slavich was supposed to be on our squad, and he was sitting in his cadillac with the heater on watching us) Bonillas was ragging on me about the 13, and says "Damn, Carmichael, I don't think I've ever broke a 13", so I just took it and we went on down to the 4th field (the one in the bluffs). During the last round, it was very apparent that Bonillas was losing a lot of birds. If it went to the left into the wind, good chance it was going to get away. We finally get to our last post and Dan is on #1. Four times in a row, he draws the high, climbing left, and four times the scorer calls lost. Finally, on the last target, he draws the same bird again, and no shot. We all look over at him, and he says "*%$#@ you", if you want to take it away from me go ahead. We told him to go ahead and take another shot. He draws a little piddly straight away and cuts it in half to salvage a 1 on that post. As we are standing around the scorekeeper for the totals, I look at Bonillas and say "Damn Dan, I don't think I've ever had a 12, and it should have been an 11!" He responds with another "*&%$# you" and stomps off. If I remember right Tommy, you broke an amazing 24 on that last trap.

Thanks for the memory!

Steve C

4. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

5. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Ya know Tom, after 24 years I finally get to apologize to you for finally hitting one target, (on my way to a 5 on that trap I might add). Just think, If I hadn't hit that one you may have run that trap. LOL. In all seriousness, that day will live with me thru all my trap shooting days. Here I was the hot shot 27 yarder from Alaska that finally got to shoot with the "Big Boys". I had shot with Steve and Dan in 79 when we were down (and had done very well, thank you very much. After starting with a 19 on the first trap it was down hill from there. a 10 on the second and another 10 on the third. Then I got the first 3 and missed 20................yep, that is right, 20 in a row. Some of the guys were just smiling and I was embarrased all to hell because I thought I was screwing up everyones shooting. But after the fourth post I walked by Tom and he says: "You are dusting everyone of those targets". I continued walking to post one and managed to get two more for a 5 and to this day, every time I see Norm Voliponi he greets me with this: Hey Ole 44 Thacker how are you doing? It is a very fond memory of just how Humbling this sport can be.
    And Steve we will see you in November. Dave Thacker (old 44 Thacker) LOL

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Steve, know you haven't shot this past year, but you need to at least shoot the last event in November. This beinig the end of 60 years of competitive shooting at the club.

7. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

You guys are absolutely amazing, that had to be 25-30 years ago and you can still remember every detail.I can't remember what I shot last week,(but then again maybe I am trying to forget)!! Lots of memories out there from a great sport and lots of good friends met along the trapline.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Those are precious memories guys, thx for sharing

9. darwinbene

darwinbene Member

Steve:
    I am wondering about the two photos of Vern Myers you had on the wall above the pay windows. He won the two cars, 1961 Thunderbird and two years later won a Ford Falcon. The Thunderbird is still in the quonset on the farm, but the Falcon was put to good use and died after his daughter and son were don with it. Do you still have them and if so, what are you going to do with them?

I just came home from the funeral for Vern, and his son Larry, was asking about them. He would like to have them if you don't have plans for them. Let me know and thanks.

Thanks, Darwin

10. LV Trapshooting Park

Darwin,

Sorry to hear of Vern's passing. Yes, we still have those two photos, from Feb.of 1959, and Feb. of 1961. Vern's son should certainly have those. If you can provide me with an address, I'll make sure he gets them. He can also contact me by email at lvgun1@aol.com.

Steve C
    LV Gun Club

11. darwinbene

darwinbene Member

Steve,
    you should have an email about address.
    Thanks, Darwin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.