1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Las Vegas Gun Club Back Bar for sale on Ebay.

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by LV Trapshooting Park, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Trapshooting Park

LV Trapshooting Park TS Member

0   0   0

During the past 60 years, at one time or another, 1000s of shooters have frequented the old bar in the clubhouse at the Las Vegas Gun Club. (formerly the Sahara and Mint Gun Club) The history of this old bar is hard to pin down, but was supposedly aquired from an old bar in Northern Nevada, and is over 100 years old. Very possible that Del Webb had something to do with it during the old days. It was a very popular place not only for trapshooters, but also race car drivers during the annual "Mint 400" off road race, which used to start right on the property beginning in 1969. Steve McQueen & James Garner were there, and more current celebrities would include Travis Tritt, Daryl Lamonica, Barbara and Irlene Mandrell,and a host of others. If interested, go to Ebay.com, and enter item# 120563061866. (Photos are there) Eventually, the City of Las Vegas will level the old clubhouse. The old bar would make a fantastic restoration project, and I would hope it would end up with someone who could really appreciate it.

Steve Carmichael
    Las Vegas Gun Club- 1990-2009

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Steve,

Got anything working or just kicking back for awhile ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. LV Trapshooting Park

0   0   0

Hi Bill,

Have just now completed lead reclamation (delayed due to a wet January) and property clean-up, so I'm just about done here. Just trying to salvage the old bar from the clubhouse. I wish I had a place to put it, but a little large for that.

I have a few irons in the fire, just not sure which way it will go yet, as I plan to make my next move my last one.

Take care..

Steve C

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I remember seeing that bar the 1st time that I shot at the then Mint Gun Club!

You drove out of Las Vegas going north on I-95 and out in the middle of nowhere was Bob Taylor's Gun Club ... and further, even more into nowhere, was the Mint Gun Club!

Then they started building houses and Bob Taylor's was engulfed (Only the Ranch Steak House is left) then even more houses, and now the Las Vegas Gun Club is no more!

:-(

Good Luck Steve ... hope something good works out for you! I realize that it is beyond hope that the new range would hire someone that knows how to run a successful club and promote some great shoots!

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

All the best Steve. Dave Bishop

6. LV Trapshooting Park

0   0   0

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

APrice ... when you merge from I-15 to NV 95 ... the sign says "NV 95 North" ... you do travel a bit West before it heads North!

Typical TS.com "picking the fly sh!! out of the pepper" !

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

NV 95 is a state road. I-95 is an Interstate road. I-95 runs North & South along the East coast from Maine to Florida.

Eric

9. gus in pa at work

gus in pa at work Member

0   0   0

Steve,

What happened to the poker machines. I have been to that bar many times.

Mike Guscott

10. LV Trapshooting Park

0   0   0

11. LV Trapshooting Park

0   0   0

12. LV Trapshooting Park

0   0   0

13. LV Trapshooting Park

0   0   0

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The ATA should buy it for the new Hall of Fame. Be a great place to display a bunch of trophies and photos.

15. LV Trapshooting Park

0   0   0

Barry,

I like your idea. If I can get someone from the HOF interested in removing and transporting it, I would be happy to give it to them. I'll make a few calls. If anyone here is close to one of the HOF committee members, have them contact me by email.

Steve C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.