1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Las Vegas club soon to be no more?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cole-mitchell, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

Will the las vegas gun club be bought out before the end of the season like so many of us have heard?

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I don't think that they are being bought out. Their lease is up and it does not look like a new one will be offered.

Jason

3. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Doh! Say it ain't so.

(Pat, remind us again why leasing is preferable to ownership?)

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

As Steve has posted before, the lease is up in Dec2008. Not Dec2007. It's anybody's guess as to whether it will be renewed.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There have been many people who have written E Mails and letters to the City of Las Vegas in an attempt to convince them to come up with another lease and all of the reasons why it would be to their advantage ... Now would be a good time for everyone who is interested or not to let them know what an asset the Las Vegas Gun Club is to the area and without it there would be something lacking even if the Clark County Ranges get up and running ... Steve, his family and crew have always been very personable people and are good promoters of the sport of trapshooting besides bringing people to the area for the shoots they host which generates revenue for everyone involved ... Contact Steve and he can let you know who to contact ..... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

You have an address that you can pass along ?

Pat Kelley

7. LV Trapshooting Park

LV Trapshooting Park TS Member

As someone had accurately stated, our lease will come to an end on December 31st, 2008. At the beginning of next year, I will put in a request for extension of/or a new lease. I have no idea at this time if the City of Las Vegas will consider this or not. The City of Las Vegas replaced the State of Nevada as my landlord this July.

For now, we are moving ahead with our normal schedule of A.T.A. events for 2008. I will keep everyone here up to date as information becomes available to me.

Steve Carmichael

Las Vegas Gun Club

8. LV Trapshooting Park

LV Trapshooting Park TS Member

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

They closed the best whore houses to! What the hell is going on in Vegas? Next thing you know, they'll close the strip!

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

We started going to Las Vegas because of the SCTP tournaments and then for the ATA events. Discovered fine restruarants and some gambling. Stayed on the strip... my wife will be disapointed if I have no reason to go because WE won't go. I will miss Gallaghers steak house in New York, New York -- maybe I will write to them and explain why at least one of their repeat customers will not return. California Fred

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

For all the protesting about how there is a new "business" attitude and control in Las Vegas, there must be someone from the old days who can exert some pressure to renew Steve's lease. Someone named "Bugsy" or "Guido" should be able to "talk" to the right people.

12. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Municipal development, especially where the Las Vegas Trapshooting Park is located, is a current that is tough to swim against. What makes it more difficult is the prospect of the Clark County Range opening within a reasonable traveling distance of Steve's operation.

I would believe however, that the City would be agreeable to a short term lease (even if an annual renewable) allowing the shooting operations to continue until Clark County opens, but that does not bode well long term for the LVGC operating on Tule.

I wonder if the change in ownership of the Trap Park was some sort of concession to the City in exchange for not contesting the development of a state-owned range in its backyard?!

I have much enjoyed the few times I shot at LV when traveling. Good Luck to Steve and his family... I would be glad to write in support of the operation, if a contact and address were provided.

Jay Spitz

13. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

It would be a shame if the club closes. He may be able to get an extention on his lease because the housing market took a dump in Vegas also. With that the liklyhood of new housing projects in that area is not likly.

CHEERS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.