1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Las Vegas ATA shoot Jan 22nd, 23rd.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Poker Player 11, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poker Player 11

Poker Player 11 TS Member

Vegas is throwing another registered shoot in Jan! Who liked the last shoot? Nobody has broken a 100 straight yet in a registered shoot....who is going to have the honor of being the first and what event will it be in? Singles, doubles or Hdcp. They are throwing an all orange bio target.

Mike

2. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

Probably could have happened at the last shoot OR could happen sooner with NON-BIO (or the "hip" name of Ultra Bio/regular) targets. If clubs are going to throw these crappy targets, a rule change needs to be considered using #7 or #6 shot. I have seen several of these just "smoke" with just as much smoke as totally crushing the target only to see it keep on flying. I have no idea how a target can be hit so hard & not break.

3. In plain view

In plain view Member

Poker Player II: When will pre squading be available? Bob

4. Poker Player 11

I don't believe they are going to pre squad for this shoot????? I believe they are expecting about 10 squads or so. Instead of trophy's this time it will be prize money...I believe $4 per shooter will go into the pot for each class and yardage. Once they start getting 20 or more squads they will probably start pre squadding again unless there are alot of pre squad requests. They are trying to keep the fees down by only charging $29 per event. What are your thoughts?

Mike

5. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Presquading is optional so no one is holding down any fees by not offering it.You only pay if you use it.Seems shoot management would want to pre squad to get a rough idea of the number of shooters coming. I'll pay 35.00 a hundred if you'll throw real targets.GaryL.

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Early on there was a report that they had purchased a warehouse full of the solid orange bio-degradeable targets. They are probably under pressure to use those up before they switch to what shooters would prefer. IMHO Ron

7. Poker Player 11

Gun1357,
    You are half correct...They did order 5 trucks of targets which were all orange dome and the black ring. Now they are throwing all orange for the ATA shoots and for the Wed night trap league. They are using the others up on the skeet field and the 5 stand field. They have thrown about 900,000 targets since last feb which 90% were shot on the practice fields. Now they have the SCTP, ATA and league shoots which should start burning up some targets. 31,000 targets were thrown for the first ATA shoot in the bad weather and the light rain.

Mike

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They're going through their growing pains. The next stage in their learning curve will be thinking that trapshooters are a pain in the arse, always complaining about how the targets are set, and not wanting to shoot the greenpeace targets.

Eventually, they will come around and listen to their customer base and do the right things. Too nice a facility and location to avoid.

I will say though, that if I see that Rat B. Harry Reid there I'm out of there.

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.