1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Las Vegas 1000 Tick Tock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Las Vegas 1000, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

Just a reminder that our Early Bird rates where you save $100.00 end this Sunday, Feb. 13th. If you share a room with another shooter, your cost is only $795.00 each. If you book a single room, it’s only $895.00. These low rates get you the following:

• 1000 registered targets at the fabulous, new Clark County Shooting Park.

• ATA/NSTA Daily Shoot Fees. PITA cross registration available.

• Six Nights in a Classic Room at the famous Las Vegas Hilton.

• Luxury Coach Transfers to and from the Gun Club. Just Sit back and relax.

• Private VIP Hospitality Tent just for our Shooters.

• Secure gun and ammo storage at the gun club.

• Custom Tilden Belt Buckles awarded in 5 Singles Classes and 4 Yardage Groups plus Handicap Champion EVERY DAY!

• Custom Tilden HOA Belt Buckles awarded in 5 Singles Classes and 4 Yardage Groups plus Handicap Champion and Singles Champion for the week! 62 Buckles in all!

• Depending upon total entries, up to $20,000 Prize Money awarded $1500 for Champion HOA and $500 Champion Runnerup HOA for both Singles and Handicap in each Class and each Yardage Group.

• VIP Reception each evening in the Shoot Director’s hotel suite for all high scores in all class and yardage groups for that day!

• A gala, Awards Banquet Friday evening at the Hilton where we will present all the Buckles and Checks!

• The opportunity to make new friends that will last a lifetime!

All you have to do is get to Las Vegas and take a cab to the hotel. Bring a non-shooting guest for only $99.00 that includes room, gun club access and an Awards Dinner ticket.

This is a great trapshooting vacation value. We hope you can join us and recapture some of the glory days of Las Vegas trapshooting.

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Gary, is it possible to upgrade the room?

Bryan

3. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

Bryan,

Yes it is, but it only makes sense if you need more sq footage. Suites must be quoted individually.

Call 800 498 8564 and they can discuss your options.

4. Calkidd

Great one more question.....What is the dress for the dinner on Friday?

Bryan

5. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

This is a trap shoot not a skeet shoot. Leave your dress at home. ;-)

OK, seriously, casual is fine. You may want a light sport coat if you will be going out to some of the upscale restaurants on the other nights.

You will want to look good when you get your buckle because we'll have a professional photographer taking pictures.

6. Calkidd

Well in that case I will be wearing my camo Browning hat and my good pair of jeans with my skoal can ring.

7. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

Good. You'll blend right in.

8. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

I just wanted to mention how much fun it is talking with trapshooters from all over the country who are coming to our shoot. They are excited about it and so are we.

9. Calkidd

Am I the only one that is giddy as a school girl about this shoot? It seems no one else is talking about it except for Gary and I.

Bryan

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Gary et. al.: I won't be able to go, so I'm licking my wounds and feel like: "A Wallflower at the Orgy"...

David

11. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

We'll miss you in Las Vegas, David. Maybe see you this weekend?

12. Calkidd

Gary, is there a list of the vendors that will be at the shoot?

Bryan

13. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

I was giddy until they CHANGED the dates!!!

14. Calkidd

Come on Gary you can make it, you can get Brian to drive...

Bryan

15. Trap4two

Trap4two TS Member

Gary, could you post the number of shooters entered to date.Thanks Mike

16. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I was hesitant to make this post knowing some will be irritated, some wont understand it, some will!

This shoot sounds like a blast for the 'money' shooters among us but for the casual shooter(me)there appears to be nothing! What about the locals that don't want to stay at the Hilton and those that drive in and prefer a more casual atmosphere? I don't have access to a program, only what is on the Clark County web site, so maybe I'm missing something! I've been shooting in Vegas since the late 70's. Before retiring, if the schedule was right, I would shoot the Spring Grand and the Vegas winter program as part of an annual vacation. I don't play any of the purse options, I use to when I was a 'young buck' and thought I could compete with the 'top guns', but realized after a few years I could shoot more targets and cost less in the long run so I stopped playing the options! After retiring the Mrs. and I would drive to the Spring Grand then to Vegas(she likes the slots)When the Phoenix club closed, we started to attend the Vegas winter and fall shoots. We attended at least one shoot a year in Vegas until the club closed! I love to shoot,(I've registered over 200,000 since '74)the competition and the good friends I've made over the past 36 years of competition and after my pending cataract surgery would like to shoot some at the new Vegas club, but all the mandatory stuff in the May program it's appears to leave me and other week-end or casual shooters out! I don't understand mandatory targets and purses at an ATA registered shoot! Good luck to all that shoot this program, sound like a blast but I wont be there! Sounds like the new Vegas club is a great place to shoot!

17. Calkidd

What is the big deal paying for options? I mean I have had not one bad experience paying $10 for the Lewis. Hell, I have just about walked away from every shoot since last sept with enough money to have paid for at least one day of the shoot and some the entire weekend. For $50 ($10/day) there is a chance I can pay for the entire trip. I am confident enough in my skills that I may stand a chance to win some money. Of course I might have just jinx myself.

What more does a shooter want out of this program? I am sure Gary is all ears and would love some feedback. I am also confident Gary will do what it takes to make this a success and instill this as a future shoot that will attract all kinds of members from around the Nation.

<I>Local residents may participate for the full week including being eligible for all prizes, trophies and purses including all services except accommodations for a cost of $595.00 </I>

This is $120/day including everything minus the accommodations.

**PS**

<i>Super Bonus!! Bring your non-shooting spouse or guest for only $99.00. Includes Awards Dinner ticket, Receptions, access to Transfer Coaches and the VIP Hospitality Tent.</i>

This alone is almost worth it. You would pay a lot more than this just in the hotel alone.

Bryan

18. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

geneleroy,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your willingness to give us some feedback because without feedback we don't know how we are tracking.

To answer your concerns, you can find all our details on the link above. It is true that the prize money is based upon the 5 combined singles events and separately on the 5 combined HC events. The reasoning behind this is twofold. First, we don't have a large volunteer group running the shoot like the Tucson Club. This means we needed to structure the shoot to cut down on the amount of paperwork and shootoffs. Second, we wanted to be able to hand out some big checks to guys that shoot in classes or yardage groups that usually don't have an opportunity to win some real money.

However, we are also awarding top quality Tilden belt buckles in all 10 events in all 5 singles classes and 4 yardage groups plus HC champ. That's 50 buckles. Further, those are commemorative buckles and an individual can only receive one. So, those can go to first or even second runnerups in each event in each class and each yardage group. This means that 50 of our shooters will be going home with a Las Vegas 1000 buckle. In addition, Kolar is sponsoring the HOA buckles for each class and yardage group for the week. So, even if you don't shoot 500 targets you can still win a nice buckle.

I will note that the local club has an ATA shoot scheduled for the Saturday and Sunday right after our shoot, so if you can only come in for the weekend that would be a great opportunity to shoot at the new facility.

Thanks again for your comments. If you can't join us this time maybe you can join us in the future. Our goal is to produce a good shoot where everyone can have a good time at a fair price.

19. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

Gary,

Thanks for the response and the link to the event program. Sounds like it's a good time for all, wish I was 30 years younger! Hope you get your 80 squads! The "big Dogs" should jump on this one! Thirty years ago I would have been one of the 'early bird' shooters, but time has taken it's toll and this type program is not for me. Kind of reminds me of the old days when the Mint Hotel ran the old Vegas club, gave special room rates and had a roast pig banquet for the shooters in the hotel lobby!

I must be losing my touch, I only had one negative response to my post!! LOL

20. Calkidd

Gene, I wasn't being negative I took your post as being negative too. I guess we were both wrong.

I was trying to bring up a point that my experiences with options have been good. And then I offered up additional information of other package that would be cheaper for you.

Oh well, damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Bryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.