1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Las Vegas 1000 Results/Feedback ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Las Vegas 1000, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

Paul,

Click the link above for a list of trophy winners and be sure to check the photo galleries while you are there. We had lots of fun and made lots of new friends. Having Bill Hunter at the Awards Dinner Friday night to present the The Hunter Service to Trapshooting Award to the founder of TS.com, David Van Elgort, was a special treat. Steve Carmichael and the whole staff at the Clark County Shooting Park did a great job as well.

There were several threads here on TS.com right after the shoot so you can do a search for those.

We have had several emails and calls from our shooters looking for info about next year. They will actually be getting an email in the next couple of days as they are now members of the Las Vegas 1000 Pioneers Club. By being at the first shoot, they will receive special discounts and recognition at all future shoots. Plus, we are extending some special deals to any buddies they invite for next year.

We hope you can join us.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Steve will straighten that mess out if they let him, then they will have more shooters than they know what to do with ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

A good shoot, I'm going back next year, more shooters more fun. Gary in AZ.

4. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

Uh, WPT, to what mess are you referring?

The shooters had a good time.

The shoot ran very smooth.

Lots of folks got to experience the fantastic new shooting park and went home and spread the good word.

The NSTA and ATA made some good daily fees.

The Nevada SCTP made about $1500.

The hotel was really nice.

Everyone enjoyed the luxury coach transfers.

The scorers earned some good pocket money.

We gave out 60 buckles and a bunch more other prizes.

We sent out over $7,000 in winners checks.

The Sponsors got lots of exposure with ads in T&F and Trapshooting USA.

We had a very enjoyable and first class Awards Dinner.

And, shoot management got a standing ovation for putting on such a good shoot.

If there was a mess, I guessed we missed it. Help us out.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't want to pick your shoot apart but you were very deceptive when asked questions about the number of people presquaded and a few other things that there was no need for ... I and a few friends planned on attending and you changed our mind when you didn't give straight up honest answers to direct questions ... This is a problem what was never encounterd at Steve's place, he told you just what it was and you took it from there ... Just think of what the shoot could of been if you would of told the truth when asked a question and take it from there ... Do not try to defend your actions, there is no defense to deception (thats the mess) ... Glad you had what you call a good shot but it could of and should of been better ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

The numbers showing in attendance seem low compared to what was told on TS.com were pre-squaded. Were there a lot of cancelations?

7. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

OK, so what we need to be able to do is give you a running total of reservations though we don't know whether those people are really going to show up?

And, when should we ad them to the list? When they:

1. Call and say they are coming, including the number of friends who they say are coming with them?

2. When they put up a refundable deposit?

3. When they put up a non-refundable deposit?

4. When they make their final payment?

5. When they say that they plan to walk up and pay?

Out of curiosity, how big or small does the shoot have to be for you to decide to attend in that would be the only real reason you should even care how many people are coming?

In any case, we hope you and your friends come next year and enjoy a good time.

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I ask a simple question.. nothing suggested or implied. You could have had bad weather.. or any number of reasons for the difference of numbers, instead of a simple straight answer, YOU choose to respond like an 8yr old.. with that being the promo for Vegas, I don't see me making the trip anytime soon. I don't have unlimited funds so I choose the shoots I attend carefully. But I'm sure your not worried about losing any shooters.. you have so many waiting in line to get in.

Jerry B

PS. You have never bothered in any of your post to give your name.. is there a reason ??

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

See, you just made my point ... I asked you how many people you had signed up, you responded with approx 150 and counting at that time, which is a long way from what you ended up with ... Some shooters like to know what to expect when they go to a shoot, if you were a shooter you would know that ... I don't think anyone wanted exact numbers but you can sure as hell get a lot closer than that ... I can tell you one thing, you do not piss on someones shoes and tell them it raining ... 1st time shame on you, second time shame on me ... You asked what the mess was and I told you, I even suggested a way to fix it ... The Fall Handicap shoot at the Las Vegas Gun Club would of put you to shame, but you knew that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

PS ...
    "Don't ask if you do not want to know because I will tell you" ...

10. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Jerry: If your name was JBrooks, you probably would not post it here either!
    Not a real popular fella here in So Cal! (or on TS.com!)
    Regards,
    Walt

11. lilbug

lilbug TS Member

Well Well Well, again the 10% always rear their ugly heads. My wife, and I had planned on attending this shoot, and we also preregistered. Unfortunately my wife had to work. In saying that, we were forced to cancel. If you could read a magical ball you would have been dead on with the proper count. But what I find interesting is the complainers. Next year you guys should put up the work, time, and out of pocket expense.I am sure that the people that organized this shoot would be more than happy to attend, and shoot plus stay focuesed on shooting. Or do you want to see who is going to be there so you will stand a chance on winning. Come on, the sport is losing shooters faster than gaining, then you want to bash what is being set up by others. Very interesting, it is alway the complainers, and not the doers.

Harvey R. Isom
    ATA Life Member
    CGSTA Life Member

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Direct questions were asked and honest answers were expected, nothing more, nothing less ... The person who was giving the dishonest answers didn't put up a dime of his money, Clark County did ... The clubs will lose shooters faster if they cannot or won't give honest answers when asked questions ... The question would not of been asked if it didn't matter ... I hope this is not what shooting in Las Vegas has turned out to be because its never been like that before ... WPT ... ATA Life Member for over 35 years/ ASTA Life Member ... (YAC) ...

13. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

Gary Bombalicki ATA# 9700109
    Jim Tyner ATA# 0611847

Hardly a mystery. We are the guys who produced the shoot and use this login. The page on the link above has been on our website from day one. All of our promo threads used Gary's email and our 800# went to Jim's office.

While we produced the shoot, a whole bunch of other people helped make it a reality and a success. Gary served as Shoot Director and Jim handled shooter logistics and MC'ed the Awards Dinner. We work as a team. Our number one goal is running a shoot so that our participants have a good time. They seem to and that is why we were able to build up our shoots at our home club and that is why the Las Vegas 1000 will continue to grow.

We obviously can't make everyone happy, no one can, but we sure try and most people appreciate that. Everyone is welcome at our shoots and we sure hope any of you who can, will come on out next year.

Gary & Jim

14. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

WPT. Let's deal with facts. Clark County did not put up any money. We paid for the targets, the scorers and cashiers, the pullers, additional support staff, the golf carts, the County vendor fees, the State and Clark County business licenses, the hospitality tent, extra porta potties and extra trash removal.

Gary & Jim

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gary and Jim,

Then you must of leased the club for the shoot ..? If thats the way it goes up there you best learn that honesty matters ...

Glad you straightened out that little matter, sorry you didn't have a better turn out ... Must be the new way of doing things in Vegas ...

You claimed 150 plus and counting, ended up with a total of 70 shooters ..? I knew I shouldn't of deleted that but you know what you said ... Have to see what happens next year, I love Las Vegas and go there often ... Have to see what happens the next time ... Have a good one ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Gary & Jim,

Here in Texas we have a town Sign, population 3000 friendly Texans and 3 old Grouches. Allen

17. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

It takes three to five years for a new event to gain stability and 90% growth.

LV is a good venue with a great operator; lets put this behind us and get on board for the next one.

Just my thoughts.

David Swerdlin

18. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Isn't this the Great facility that was collecting dust a few years ago? Thanks to all of you for putting on a Great Shoot. Just so you will know everyone I know that cane to your shoot had a Good time and plan to come Back.. Allen

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I cannot and did not comment on the shoot, or the weather, I was commenting on not being able to get an honest and reasonably accurate answer and nothing more ... The question about number of shooters came up because it was a first time shoot at this facility, the number 150 and counting was the answer that was given by Gary, it appears that the number was an exageration and or deceptive at best ... Thats all that was pointed out, nothing more, nothing less ... Gary or Jim (who ever answered above) got all defensive about what they presented but have yet to admit to one of two things ... Either exageration or deception about the total number of shooters, nothing was said about not having a good time, the hotel accommidations, or the Coach to and from the facility, or anything else ... If you must comment please limit it to what Gary and or Jim are being asked about and nothing more ... Some people were going to travel a long way to shoot this shoot but being as there were no honest answers available they made the choice to not make the trip ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thats all there is to say about it, have to see how it goes next year ...

20. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Terry Bilbey,

Give me a call

James Hammond

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.