Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

? Las Vegas 1000 Lawsuit

29K views 201 replies 70 participants last post by  WPT 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the guys who got kicked out of the ATA over the Las Vegas 1000 shoot have sued the ATA or not? I've been told they did but I don't have the info. Thanks Brad

#3 ·
OK, before everyone starts speculating, above is a link to a page we put up for all of our friends and supporters across the country. We and dozens of other people have tried since last September to get this unfair treatment of us reversed by the EC but they chose not to address it.

Unfortunately, due to the statute of limitations we could no longer wait in good faith so we have filed an action to seek a fair remedy. Because the lawsuit is public record, we felt it is better to make it readily available so we wouldn't have to keep answering the same questions or have people putting misinformation.

While some people have said that they hope we use our rights under discovery to expose things about the Association that they would like some facts about, it is our hope that we are able to resolve this matter without having to get into interrogatories, production of documents and depositions.

We stated repeatedly that this was not a course we wanted to take. However, now that we have begun we will see it to conclusion.

Thank you again to all the people who have supported us.

Jim & Gary

#4 ·
Jim and Gary... You have my utmost respect and support in going after the ATA for what they pulled on both of you. What's wrong is wrong, I don't care who you are, and they were, and are, definitely in the wrong. Wishing you both a very successful outcome to a very unpleasant situation.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

#12 ·
every ATA shooter knows there are daily fees for the ATA and State even if accidently not printed in the Program, this could have been the printers fault and the proof readers fault, but I do not believe anyone lost any money for un-collected fees.

And the club offering to reimburse shooters with a luncheon ticket was above and beyond anyones expectations.

The executive committee and BOD better hold a WEBINAIR Immeaditly this would hold down expenses for everyone involved along with a Mediator selected by the court.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

#15 ·
The charges in the law suit are just the complainants' side of the story. Those of you that are willing to join the mob to find guilt with the other side, without a fair hearing in a court of law, sound just like those willing to take as many shots at George Zimmerman as they can, until they get the result they want.

At this point I don't know the defendant's side of the story and can't opine as to what the whole story is. Neither can any of you. Don't be so quick to judge lest you be judged too.

#17 ·
I'm stocking up on popcorn....

The EC and ED are "insured" while within their scope and for unintentional acts... should they be deemed to have acted outside their capacity or purposely chose to injure another party... I'll bet their liability companies may have something to say about that... there can always be personal exposure...

Jay

#19 ·
Since a lawsuit has been filed the Attys for the defendents is to be provided a disclosure of facts to the plaintiffs and the plaintiffs must file a disclosure of facts to the defedants on a timely basis.

A webinair meeting of all concerned parties and a mediator are in order for the purpose of settling the dispute.

Plaintiffs can demand a deposit of defendants liability insurance to the court
of all defendants Re: BOD and any named defendants in the Corporation of the ATA.

This is a simple matter that is being used to defame certain individuals which legally is prosecutable.

It will not cost any ATA Members any money, only those covered by Corp. Liab ility and bonding company of the individuals, but can cause the loss of future bonding by insurance companies.

The ATA should clear up the matter as soon as possible, the ATA could be legally banned of holding any ATA tournaments including the GRAND AMERICAN if filed
immeaditly until all matters are cleared.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

#20 ·
I hope the ATA is forced to make amends for penalizing to these men for what they (the ATA) have done all along ... It appeared to be a simple mistake from the start that got blown out of proportion by the EC and BOD, then the ATA made it even worst and doled out excessive penaltys ... The ATA has not listed separate fees etc. on their own shoots like the Grand American until this year when they finally told everyone about the tax issue on targets ... If these men were wrong the ATA has been wrong for decades ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

#21 ·
One other point the party that is prolonging the dispute would be held in contempt by the court for not acting on a speedy settlement, and could hold the Suspension of all ATA tournaments immeaditly, and the State of Illinois and the Illinois department owning the ATA grounds could sue the ATA for loss of funds
due to the suspension of the GRAND AMERICAN, and each vendor could sue the ATA for losses such as sales, advertising, loss of wages to employees scheduled to work the Grand American, Corporate advertising is a tremendous amount, and ATA members could file a lawsuit against the ATA if found guilty, this could be a mushrooming event if not settled immeaditly.

If I were the Plaintiffs I would approach suspending the Grand American to speed up a settlement.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

#26 ·
As usual on this site, those with little to add have resorted to name calling or insults. Nothing new there as it is usually the same few.

Obviously there are some real attorneys involved and this is a real suit that has been on the horizon for some time. It is a shame the EC and BOD has found another can to kick down the road.

As long as the Cardinal Classic happens I could really care less about shoots in gun hate state.

More and more I am convinced of the need for another trapshooting organization. The above insults hurled by those often trying to stop or interrupt threads on this site reinforces that idea.

The Kool-Ade pitcher runs shallow and the forest doth draw nearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.