1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Las Vegas 1000 Lawsuit Settled.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ShotStop, Sep 17, 2013.

1. ShotStop

ShotStop Dedicatedto keeping gun clubs open and shooting.

Seeing as how the old thread has been brought to the top and it is way too long, we thought a new thread would be more efficient.

Last week we moved to dismiss our suit based upon reaching a settlement with the ATA. At the absolute insistence of the ATA, the terms of the settlement have been sealed even though we pointed out that transparency in an organization was a better policy. So be it.

However, we can state that we are very pleased with the settlement and the fact that we have been reinstated in full with the opportunity to both participate and run shoots if we so choose. We are also pleased that the ATA chose to settle without even answering the suit thereby saving membership money.

The basis of our reinstatement was that the EC admitted that it was in possession of new evidence which allowed it to reconsider our case based upon the recently passed Bylaw amendment. We aren’t sure what that new evidence was because we never got to see or answer to the old evidence. The fact is that under the ATA Rules the accused never gets to answer or challenge what is contained in the investigating delegate’s report to the EC thereby denying the accused of his basic rights to due process. This was one of the key points of our lawsuit. Until that process is changed, virtually any disciplinary action can be challenged in a suit.

We do want to thank the dozens of people who wrote letters and called EC members on our behalf. Those that have worked with us, know us and have enjoyed our shoots knew all along that our persecution was nothing more than a railroad job. It is a crying shame that in this day of declining participation and constant attacks on our Second Amendment Rights that there are those who put their petty political and personal agendas ahead of our sport and our fight for our gun rights.

Shoot often and well,

Gary Bombalicki and Jim Tyner

2. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Gary and Jim

Well said and I am happy it all turned out for you and the club.

Birddog

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gary and Jim,
    I am thrilled to hear you have settled and been reinstated, it never should of happened in the first place ... ATA, transparency all in the same sentance, you have to be kidding me ... Glad you got it done and that you are happy with the results ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Did you hear that Rick? No money.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Bryan, if you used this statement to make your's to RB ; "We are also pleased that the ATA chose to settle without even answering the suit thereby saving membership money."

That doesn't mean it didn't cost anything, just saved a bundle from not having it go forward. The longer you dig, the deeper ya get kinda thing.

I'm glad the new "facts" came forward in time too!!

HAP

6. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Congratulations Gary and Jim. Send me your next program and I'll proofread it for free. Looking forward to your continuing promotion of our great sport.

Regards,

Mike Mann

7. CROY1990

CROY1990 Active Member

I guess saying that there is new evidence is a way to save face. Glad it's settled for you guy's and hope the EC learns a lesson moving forward.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

What say you now, Rick Barker ..? Its done, over, finished, put a fork in it, its done ... There will not be an appeal, whats to appeal it never went to trial ...? WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I think since it is settled it would be good to have admin just delete the other thread all together. No sense in keeping things on here that shed a negative light on the ATA or this club at this point since its all settled.. JMO.

10. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

Glad it turned out well for the club. Here's another example of EC lack of transparency. No wonder there's all this gnashing of teeth over falling ATA membership and targets. Makes me want to gift the ATA a few million so they can be more transparent. What a bunch of cowards.

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The real cowards are those who bash while hiding behind the keyboard and no dog in the fight!!!

Glad things worked out to the satisfaction of both parties, particularly being able to run shoots.

12. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Mr. Tyner & Mr. Bombalicki:

I too am glad to hear that this matter is now settled and that you rights as an ATA member have been restored.

Regards,

Kenny Ray Estes
    Pittsgrove, NJ

13. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Good news! Congrats gentleman!

14. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

As my son Troy would say after completing a vexing situation.
    I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN
    Congratulations Jim & Gary

Gary Hackett LHC AZ

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rick Barker,

You have to be related to my Ex Wife, she always wanted to argue about shit that didn't matter also ... Put a fork in it, its done, over ... You, much like her don't express yourself very well either ... The ATA/EC got off easy that means you will be able to start shooting again ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

"It should never have happened" absolutely! Let's just be thankful that the EC had the presence of mind to ammend the by-laws so they could revisit the mess and that it was settled properly to everyones satisfaction. Move forward and enjoy the shooting.

17. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

When is the next Las Vegas 1000 ?

18. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Someone please update me on which Bylaw(s) was/were changed.

Thanks,

Mike Mann

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't know if they (Jim and Gary) would have time to set anything up for the fall but would like to see them get another shoot set up in the Spring sometime ... It would be great if they had a really nice turn out for their "Grand Re Opening" (so to speak) whenever they do it, thats assuming they will ... I guess we will have have to wait and see what happens and go from there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Gary and Jim,

Glad you are back in the loop. Wishing you all the best in the future.