1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LAS VAGAS SHOOTING PARK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 33ZIGZAG, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

HOW COME NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THE NEW GUN CLUB IN VAGAS? IT IS UNBELIVEABLE

2. Vickie

Vickie Member

I put some pictures on in Sept. It is very nice. Would be a great place to hold a big shoot. It was built with something big in mind. We were there before it opened, they were just finishing up the cement pads and planting trees behind the trapfields.

Sure hope they get something going there.

Vickie

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

They are looking for someone to put on the shoots, The club just wants to rent the fields and sell the targets. They are not interested in running any ATA/PITA.

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

There were a lot of rumors, negativity and hearsay during construction, but thefacility is coming along nicely. It is now open Wed-Sunday 8-7. They have the bugs worked out of the cordless voice calls (canterbury calls). They are working excellent. They are now throwing oramge targets and will be trying green targets.

The Juniors have shot out there two different Saturdays and the program is doing well.

There is a nonprofit group in Vegas who will be starting a Wed. night league which they plan on getting started in March. More on this as it becomes available.

Also, there is a group who is working on starting monthly weekend ATA shoots.
    Working on logistics and more on this as it becomes available. I firmly believe it will happen and will keep you posted as it progresses. From what I see, I believe this will evolve into bigger shoots.

The venue is fabulous and many individuals want it to work. The rifle/handgun ranges are doing extremly well with waiting lists during the day. Archery is doing well. Plans are in the mill to build two sporting clay courses, but I think they are at least a year away on this.

Will keep you posted as things move along.

Good Shooting

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Mr. Tab, How much for targets?

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Barry, practice is $6 a round.

7. Barry C. Roach

8. Vickie

Vickie Member

We were out at the drag races in Pomona last weekend, and ran into an old racer that is a Las Vegas resident. When he found out that we were trapshooters, he mentioned the new club up there. He wasn't a shooter, but had friends that had told him how nice the whole thing was. He said that he had heard they were thinking about turning it over to a private group to run the trap and skeet section.

It is a wonderful facility. It has something for everyone. It is huge. When we were driving out to the old gunclub, the roads at the new gunclub looked like an airport. I hope that it works, we need more places to shoot.

They had RV hookups right behind the traps. It was built for something big in mind.

Vickie

9. Barry C. Roach

I'm impressed with the magnitude of the facility but troubled by their attitude toward organized trapshooting.

10. white rattler

white rattler Member

Vickie, Are you and Tom coming over to Phoenix for the race this weekend? Trevor.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This is the problem when you put together a good to great facility and do not put the right people in charge ... They have no idea what to do, or how to do it, and it seems they are not interested in learning so they can run organized shoots at this facility ... I find it difficult to believe that the way it is being run is the was it was intended to be operated ... I guess time will tell and maybe someday someone in that organization will open their eyes and see whats not happening, then try to change it ... Steve could of run this place and made it what it was built to be in ways the people running it will never realize or think of ... I'd give ODDS that most of the people running this facility are not shooters other than going out once in awhile and trying their luck, thats problem number one ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Another case against government running things. Both Vegas and Salt Lake have state run facilities that are great physical plants and both are expensive and hostile to the registered shooter. Bruce

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Maybe the current Ben Avery experience will rub off on Las Vegas.

Since it looks like Harry Reid will soon be out of a job, maybe we could have him stuffed and displayed as an attraction at the club.

Steve's shoot's were always professionally operated. He would have been a real asset had politics not gotten involved.

14. primed

primed Well-Known Member

It is a very nice facility. But if they never have registered trap and skeet, it will be largely a waste of tax dollars. A beautiful, empty facility does nobody any good. I visited in January when I was there for the SHOT show. The pistol range seemed fairly busy but they only had one skeet field open and one field each for trap singles, handicap and doubles. Eight clay shooters total. Not very good use of the existing 24 combo fields. My guess is they will never finish the project unless they can draw crowds and they won't be able to do that without registered. WPT has it right.

Bob

15. Barry C. Roach

If I had been in charge I would have put in the sporting clays courses ahead of the trap and skeet. Many more casual sporting clays folks.

16. Vickie

Vickie Member

I have heard alot of good things about Ben Avery and I hope that Las Vegas will end up the same way. It would be the perfect place for a BIG shoot, if ran properly. Maybe after they have it open for a few months they will realize that they need something like that to keep it going. Otherwise, it will be a big waste of the taxpayers money and a shame.

Trevor, as of right now, I doubt it. We have some matters here at home that need to be taken care of before we head to AZ. But.... there still might be a slight chance that we will.

Vickie

17. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

We went to check out this facility when we went to the SHOT Show in January.

It was raining the day we went and was late in the day. Still the place looked first rate. It is located at the very top end of Decatur, right at the end.

I'm sure they will get organized trapshooting going soon as the other big club in Vegas shut down a couple of months ago. In fact I would think they would be getting organized everything going there. However since it is a State run Facility the people in charge will be a problem. I believe it is run by the Parks Service and unless they team up with someone who actually knows how to run a shooting venue then it will end up getting de-funded due to under use.

Harry Reid championed this park in an effort to pick up votes. Since he probably knew that wasn't going to work, it would be just like him to have installed a "sunset" clause in the legislation that created the park, and unless that is revoked then the place will die.

Maybe Steve Winn can buy it and install slot machines at each of the trap stations!

It is a nice place though.

Randy

Randy

18. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Is the "Traphouse" bar - free hotdogs - still operating in North Vegas? This would be a natural location for the locals to meet during the week and plan for shooting events at the new grounds.

I know the management is trapshooting friendly, the machines are loose and the drinks are poured full measure. Wish I was there and could be involved.

19. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Traphouse is history

20. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

NO! First Bugsy Siegel now the Traphouse? No wonder Las Vegas is in a slump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

las vegas trap fields