1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LaRue Tactical adopts new policy for LE sales

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    NEWS RELEASE: 02/08/2012 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm's sales - and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Good for them. In other words they are doing what the 2nd Amendment was intended on doing. Give the citizens the right to the same protection as the government.

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

I've heard of the Larue guys before, but will definitely weigh my buying more heavily toward them in the future. I wish everyone else, including ammo mfgs. would follow suit.

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

They might follow suit. Sure they will hear of it, perhaps sooner, if we help make them aware of this tactic.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Color me a LaRue Tactical customer.

Gene in Illinois

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Nice sentiment, except for, "* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * * "

I read that is that state and local governments are a small enough portion of their sales that they can afford to maybe lose some sales, but they cannot afford to turn a cold shoulder to their military and federal contracts.

Its a start though.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, take what we can get. Every bit helps.

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Barrett shut off sales and service of their rifles to CA law enforcement, after CA banned 50 cals. Don't know if that embargo still exists.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It does Rick..Barrett told them to KHA...I think thats the way to hurt them where it really hurts...if the ammo companies shut them off or at the very least put them at the bottom of the order list after all commercial shops and online customer orders are filled..it would have immediate affect..a serious cutback in training / qualification

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.