1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Largest Diamondback Rattler ever found

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by porky, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

For pictures, go to website above, I do not know if this is true or just a photoshop job.

This snake was found Near the St. Augustine outlet, in a new KB homes subdivision just south of Jacksonville FL.
    A little research revealed the following:
    One bite from a snake of this size would contain enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men.
    The head of this snake alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man.
    A bite from those fangs would be comparable to being stabbed by two curved, 1/4 inch diameter screwdrivers.
    The knife being used to draw out the fangs for the bottom picture has a blade around 6 inches long.
    This snake is estimated to have weighed over 170 pounds. (How much do you weigh?)
    Notice the girth of this snake as compared to the cop's leg in the first picture (and he is not a small man).
    A snake of this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child (and dogs, pigs, etc).
    A snake this size has an approximately 5 1/2 foot accurate striking distance. (The distance for an average size rattlesnake is about 2 feet . )
    This snake has probably been alive since George Bush Sr. was President.
    Now just ask yourself these questions: What has this snake been feeding on and where are its offspring?

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Just like most fishing pictures, hold the catch close to the camera and it appears bigger than it really is. With that being said it is a large snake.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I think there might have been a little manipulation with the picture, if it weighed 170 lbs, who ever is holding up with the rod, would have to be stronger than Samson

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Bullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

It's Snakezilla!

ss

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I agree with Earl and others above, and I'll add to it BulllllSh!!!!!t. It's roughly half the size claimed(about 7'3" which is still big for an Eastern Diamond back) and this story goes back at least 3-4 years.
    grntitan_2009_2503295.jpg

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

fyi

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bizarre/2009/09/huge-rattlesnake-caught-in-st-augustine.html

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Picture been around for years with many different stories.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nothing to worry about. It's the upcoming Zombie Rattlers that will be a problem.

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

a preacher somewhere in south carolina is wondering where his snake went...

11. Mapper

Mapper Member

Since I worked out there among um for many years, I took an interest in big snakes, particularly rattlers. Generally, as someone said, about 7 and a half feet is about it. However, an old story floated around about a big one some cotton choppers had killed and the skin was in a bank, mounted. Herpetologists went down to investigate. They were unsure, since the cotton choppers had also chopped of the snakes head, but they thought it might have been as big as nine feet. As far as I know, that's the record. I have never seen one in the wild bigger than six feet.

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

tastes like?

13. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I saw a big one on the TV yesterday.............lives in our White House, on our buck, and parties with the best on our dime.

If you see this snake, stay clear as it hates real Americans, and has a sharp tongue for the Constitution of the United States.

Hope it is removed soon, as it appears to have taken a mate with a couple small ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.