1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Large Size Clip Boards for Squad Sheets,

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mixer, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Anyone know where large clip boards for the 12x21" squad sheets can be purchased? They have 3 large spring clips with one each at the top and both sides. Thanks for any info.

Eric

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Eric,

I made some for our club using some 1/4" plywood. I radiused the corners and sanded them smooth and gave them 2 coats of clear exterior polyurethane. I put 3 binder clips (avalable at Staples or Office depot) on each one and they have been in use at our club for about 10 years. Cost was minimal as I used scrap plywood and clips were about a quarter each.

Masonite would work well as it is very smooth. Just give it 2 or 3 coats of poly to seal out the moisture.

Bob Schultz

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Eric, I made those for Markham. Went to Office Depot and bought the clips, cut masonite and riveted the clips. Tell all I said hello.

Scott

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Thanks Scott that's just the info I was looking for. The old boards have warped and are falling apart so we need new ones. I will pass along your greeting. FYI, the county is finally spending some money on upgrades. New porch lighting and new LED computer controlled bigger and brighter field lighting.

Best Regards, Eric

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Wow, must have had a lot of $$ left in the Parks & Rec budget. It is almost the end of the fiscal year. Have to see these new lights, thought that the existing MUSCO lighting was excellent. I always used my vermillion color when shooting under Markham's lights.

Scott

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I made some for our club. Bought finished shelving from Home Depot, bought large clips, screwed them on and they work great. They are heavier than most clip boards, but do not warp and will last years. Fred

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Scott,

The new porch/patio lighting is up and running. 15 2 tube flourescent fixtures on the ceiling and the old hanging fixtures are gone. The new field lighting project has just been awarded to a contractor. New taller poles with all new fixtures so I've been told. No start date yet. The county is also redoing the entrance to the park so traffic doesn't back up out onto 84.

Eric

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Have Staples/Kinko's shrink the 12 x 21 down to 11 x 17 and let them print them, lots cheaper. Maybe a member has access to a copier, even cheaper. Make sure when coping to orienate the sides so as to be able to fold over and see all four banks at the same time. I had Staples laminate a couple of dozen for wet weather use. The grease pencils work fine and WD 40 will wash them off to reuse.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I may look into having them made smaller when we run out of our present supply if the price is competitive. We use about 500 12x21" squad sheets a year at a cost of .21 each from Rhodeside. We have 12 laminated sheets for wet weather use so thanks for the wd-40 cleaning tip.

Eric

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

WD won't work on the Rhodeside weather use sheets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.