1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Laptop vs .45

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Old Cowboy, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I'm sure ya'll have seen the thing on TV showing the frustrated Daddy shooting holes in his ingrate daughters laptop computer, what do ya'll think? IMO this juvenile trick of daddy's is harming the good public image of all responsible shooters!

John C. Saubak

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The laptop did not provide much resistance

I doubt there was any expansion

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    He shudda given the laptop to a more deserving kid. What a waste.

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Got no problem with it at all, the daughter would be grounded until she was 18 and moved out of my house. She would have no access to TV, internet, cellphone or Ipod. She would not get her driver's license until she was 18. Her disrespectful life would become an absolute hell, she would get a long time to think about how good she had it.

Oscar

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Brian in Oregon nailed it.

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The only thing my old man ever gave me was an ass-whipping.

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

That laptop should have googled DUCK!

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

So you're all in agreement then that publicly acting out with a lethal weapon is OK?

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Brian nailed it and Cowboy pinned it further. The dad shouldn't have made this a hostile resolution of a problem - he should have given the machine to someone who would appreciate it. The fact that the father chose to deal with the problem in the manner that he did provides some insight about why there is a problem in the first place.

Kind of typical in our society today - you see a lot of blame being placed on inanimate objects and very little responsibility for human actions.

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Using a laptop for target practice is perfectly legal and OK in my book. Since the computer belonged to the shooter I guess he had every right to do with it whatever he wanted to do with it. It's not up to me or anybody else to tell him what to do with his property. In any case, there's no way to tell from the video if the computer was operational or just a doorstop. Assuming either without facts amounts to nothing more than idle speculation.

Of course, Moooooshele and Obubba think they have the right to tell everybody what to do with their property- I disagree.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

He might have gotten a little carried away, but we will never know all the circumstances

I think he said that there was an ex wife and step mother involved, having been in the same situation, I can understand how things get out of hand, although I would have not shot up the computer, she would have never seen it again

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I expect adults to behave like adults, especially when they're armed.

John C. Saubak

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I would have done the adult thing and smashed the computer with a sledge hammer. Been there, done that- LOL. I'd like to try shooting one though to see if it's as cathargic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.