1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Laporte vs. superstar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by L21L39, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L21L39

L21L39 TS Member

Our club is looking to purchase an automatic trap and we are considering either a laporte or a gmv superstar and was looking for some input from clubs who might have either

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

If you have good trap mechanics, those would be my choice. If you dont have good trap mechanis, I'd buy a Pat trap

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

We have both pats and superstars. By far the Pats are better machines. Never been around a laporte.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no comparing a Superstar to a laporte trap. The Laporte is not even in the same class as a Superstar. While I am a big supporter of the GMV Superstar traps, (our club has 4 that work flawlessly), the only 2 traps I would even consider for any club that throws a significant amount of targets, especially registered, is the GMV or the Pat..... Just my experience.. Dan Thome (Tap2)

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Laports are horrible

Superstars and Pats are equal

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Is it true that LaPortes are the machines being used at the Olympics in China this year. HMB

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

We have Laporte 185s, 285s and 2000s for the past 20 years. All work great and when we set up a sporting clays range we went with with Laporte also. Glenn

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

IF you are trained on repairing the Laporte, they are fabulous. They throw great Bunker and Sporting targets.

However, if you are talking about an ATA trap machine, GET A PAT. Scrap the rest.

9. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Have had 4 LaPorte 185's (?) for 4 years now and though our number of targets have been down the LaPorte's have performed well. Have they been perfect?...NO. HAve they "stranded" the club?....No to that one as well. Once you get to know them they will perform for you. JUST LIKE ANY TRAP!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

10. bullet2

bullet2 TS Member

Have Two superstars would not give them up for any other kind . great machine

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes... They are using LaPortes at the Olympics this year as they did in Athens in 2004. I personally don't like them. There are better traps from Matarelli and Nasta. we are unfortunately stuck with 5 bunkers full of them in Keerville Texas. Wish they had been something else but we have to live with the situation. Our club had a pair of Laporte Skeet machines. Glad they are gone.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.