1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LAPHROAIG SINGLE MALT WHISKEY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

too smokey for meybe I just need to stick with it longer. My favorite is Glenroth's 25 year about $60

2. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

I've never tried that one. Spring Bank Burbon Wood is by far the best I've ever had. It's fermented for 15 years in old burbon casks, man it's smooth. It's just hard to find as they only bottle a small amount.

Cheers,

George

3. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

It's one of the Isla single malts, and for me, they're the best of all single malts.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I dabble with it, certainly high quality, but I reckon I'm still in JF's "breakin" period which dates back several years. When in doubt, I'll usually fall back on Bushmills from that little Island to the west of the Scots......breakemall

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have at least 8 bottles of 30 yr old 'Frogs sitting in the basement. Goes down from there in years. Bunch of diff. Ardbegs also. On & on. 20+ different Mezcals. Used to have 30,gave some away. If I don't have it,my kid does.

6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I think it tastes like a frog crawled in and died.

But to each his own.

7. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

Nice. Lagavulin isn't a million miles away - even peatier if I recall correctly.

There is now also a new Welsh whisky called Penderyn.

http://www.welsh-whisky.co.uk/

The bottle I had a couple of years ago when it was first released was a bit rough, but the one this year was pretty good.

Whiskies are like guns. You can't have too many, but all at once will give you a sore head.

Andrew.

8. AHC

AHC TS Member

Laphroig's my choice for scotch.

AHC

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Laphroig's , the Scotch of Kings. Kings that like to have their whisky taste like iodine and azz.The ten year is just plain nasty to me and is the longest lasting bottle out of the forty on my shelf at one time.A dram of 30 year still lasts me a long time.My favorite,French oak finish Glenlivet , the nectar of the gods!!! LOL, Jeff

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Lafroig is the SM I take when my booze bumming buddies are likely to cut into my supply. They never go back for the second drink. It will never be my favorite as long as iodine and kerosene are major ingredients. Oddly, I would kill for a bottle of Cask Strength 'vulin. Go figure.

11. larryjk

larryjk Member

Special treat. Like to soak my teeth in it occasionally; and I don['t have false teeth.

12. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Yes - it's good, kind of heavy - drink with heavy orderves. Balvinney DoubleWood is good too, a little lighter weight - kind of in the same regioinal family of single malts.

13. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Jeff, how is your Edradour supply holding up?

14. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Hey Murph, I have one 10 year ,one sherry finish and one cask strength. I try to nab a 10 off fleabay when its under $90. Jeff

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Great stuff, very rich, I remember my late father drinking it after dinner in very small quantities as if it were a liquor. It is also good, as I recall, in small amounts, on a scoop of high quality vanilla ice cream.

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I must be poor and under priviledged,..I only have sipped Dewars from the Scotch category...and I like it

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I like The Famous Grouse for a blended scotch. Good value.

18. Mapper

Mapper Member

I would not turn it down, but find myself drinking lighter single malts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.