1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LAPD shooting by mistake

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve W, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

This is quoted from L.A. Times:

"As the vehicle approached the house, officers opened fire, unloading a barrage of bullets into the back of the truck. When the shooting stopped, they quickly realized their mistake. The truck was not a Nissan Titan, but a Toyota Tacoma. The color wasn't gray, but aqua blue. And it wasn't Dorner inside the truck, but a woman and her mother delivering copies of the Los Angeles Times."

I don't know if any of you had read the news of this first of the two shootings by mistake.

This raised three questions,

1) Why they didn't identify them self before shooting?

2) How in the world they can fired at two long hair newspaper delivery Mexican women when they were looking for a big Black bold male suspect who weights more than both women together.

3) Why after 30~40 shots were fired at suspect, only two made it to one of the target?

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The picture showed 46 by one of the casings

There were two people shooting

46 might not have been the final count- it was just in the picture

Think about it-- how many times they reloaded

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

They got a brand new truck out of the deal. I would own half of LA by the time this was done. Jackie B.

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shoot first-ask questions later. Typical L.A./Detroit/Chicago type police action. It is sad, and it gives the good cops and good citizens a bad rap.

5. CharlieAMA

No matter how much Dragnet and Adam-15 you watch, or CIS Los Angeles, it don't fix stupid.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

They need to fire the officers, their supervisor, and everybody they had lunch with in the past week.

This isn't Anbar. Close...but not quite.

7. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

I find it ironic that all the Law Enforcement people who are against private citizens to carry guns because they are not trained. Then this happens.

8. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

LA seems pretty quiet about this - both of those trigger happy a$$holes need to be fired. And hopefully, both of those women (and their lawyers) will hit the city for big money.

9. Steve W

There's a second case yesterday, Torrance PD rammed and shot a man without identify them self with their cruiser into the man's vehicle then shot him because they thought he was C. Dorner .

This white male victim while driving his pickup in Torrance, CA was rammed then shot by Torrance PD, but his truck was a different make and color from suspect Dorner's. The white male victim is much shorter and weights 100 lb less than that black Dorner.

10. Chilly

Chilly Member

Here is an article in the LA Times. They shot at someone else also. So that's 2 police shooting incidents in LA while looking for this guy.

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

In defense of the cops, everybody in LA is guilty of something, and deserves to be shot.

They probably thought they were the Kardashians.

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Zardo,

Curious about the Indy thing. I thought the order was always "shoot to kill." I wasn't aware that police in America ever "shot to maim."

Was this a "shoot without identifying" order?

"Shoot without suspicion of a crime?"

Just curious, what law was this?

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Jerbear

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

This one loose nut case has the LAPD very jumpy. It shows just what a paper tiger LEO really is.

If they ever went through with door to door gun grabbing, could you imagine the carnage 100 guys driven over the edge could cause?

I would never wish or want to see something like that happen, just pondering the "what if".

15. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

THe one thing that I have noticed is how supressed this story is by the media,I watched a interview on Fox news with a ex DC detective and when asked about the shooting he totally blew by the question and moved on,I was suprised Greta let him get away with that but you never know maybey she was told to S-2 on the subject?

16. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Buzz,

I didn't think it was "shoot to kill" I thought they were trained to fire until there was no more threat. Maybe a LEO can clarify.

17. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Bisi, now that was funny.

This exemplifies how we have a high quantity of cops on the street, but not high quality cops.

18. CharlieAMA

Good remark, Luvs2shoot. These LA cops keep this up, it may start a riot or two, as we have seen in the past. I'm suprised 548 hasn't spoken up about his brother LEOs' in LA, and their right to shoot people on sight. That town must really be on edge.

19. Steve W

Now the suspect had been shot and died, citizens of L.A. should be safe to drive their pickups on the streets without getting shot at. LOL

20. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

When the police chief was on TV, he said something to the effect of "this has made us all jittery", as if that excuses their behavior! You are the police! You are supposed to be well trained professionals, who control your jitters, and get the job done according to procedures and protocols. Obviously, the officers involved in these incidents weren't paying attention to the procedures and protocols involved in discharging their arms.

There seems to be a pervasive "us versus them" mentality taking over in law enforcement these days. Protect and Serve has become shoot first, and cover my behind, buddy. Use of force is an escalation of force to nullify a threat, not deadly force immediately, then let's see if we were right.

While there is a sense in these cases that the police were justified in shooting first, this must be examined critically and publicly, and if the officers involved were not correct in their use of deadly force, they must suffer the full weight of the law, as would a civilian who misused a firearm in this manner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.