1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lanza's motives for Newtown

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Lanza

News media is now reporting that law enforcement officials saying that investigation reveals Lanza was a copycat trying to outdo a mass murderer overseas that blew up many and then shot 59 more. Another reason cited was Lanza was heavily into violent video games. You can't stop news media from reporting the news so there will always be madmen copycats. Purveyors of violent video games should be regulated. Was surprised that one of the liberal media outlets reported these findings. ed nichols

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep I seen it tic across the bottom of the TV screen while watching Hannity last nite!

CBS was the show given the credit for releasing the information.

Any bets they won't run with it, with as much vigor as the first day the shooting occurred!!??

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Saw the same information in the Columbus Dispatch newspaper today.

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

They said he chose Sandy Hook Elementary school because it was an easy target, yeah?....no $hit, he might'a been crazy but he wasn't STUPID. He knew there wouldn't be anybody in the "gun free zone" capable of stopping him.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The political and academic left created the gun free killing zones called schools, and predictably refuse to acknowledge the results of their actions and ideology.

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Since this was the springboard for the assault weapons ban law changes proposals, where is the proof that an assault weapon was used at Newtown? BT100dc

7. timberfaller

They don't need Proof, its called journalism , better known as "propaganda"

Just like "a lie is a Lie" but now it is known as "walking it back"!!

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

26 dead, there ought to be an empty cartridge laying around somewhere.

9. timberfaller

Its all hush hush don't want the truth to be known!!

10. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

The war of good against evil has been on now for quite sometime. The thought of disarming the good and leaving them defenseless could only come from one place.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

The thing that I find the most disheartening is the fact that there have been hundreds of school shootings. However there have been way less mass killings.

Not as many as school shooting however. There have been 72 mass killings since 1966, There were 19 before 1994. There were 26 from 1994 to 2004 and 27 from 2004 to present. In those 72 mass killings there were 461 deaths.

There were 10 assault weapons used in those 72 shootings spanning 47 years (12 if you count sks rifles.

Yet the giverment is always trying to outlaw/ban Assault weapons (their term) not mine. You would think they would get tired of always going after the semi automatic rifles.

Kind of makes think it is all preplanned.

Bob Lawless

12. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

The killings are terrifying. So why, if it is human nature to arm yourself and provide for the safety of yourself and others when terrifed, is the liberal democratic movement and arguement being made to disarm?

Against all logic and human nature, no?

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Interestingly, when Lanza went from engagement to engagement, room to room, he dropped mags that were only partially expended, and reloaded with a fresh mag.

For those of you who are wondering why he did this, it's a common tactic used by video gamers to ensure they will not run short on ammo for each new engagement.

Lanza had no need to do this from a tactical standpoint, because none of his targets could shoot back.

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Frontline has a series of shows, that focus on the Newtown shooting. I know Liberal this, liberal that. Watch it, you may be surprised at what there investigation shows. Interviews and information. There are more gun owners in Newtown then you think. Also the National Shooting Sports Foundation is headquartered in Newtown.

His mother was shot in the head with a .22 rifle, four times. Seems she is the forgotten victim, maybe because she is the one that allowed Adam Lanza access to the guns, or maybe because it was not the "Assault Rifle" used to kill her.

15. Stl Flyn

"Lanza had no need to do this from a tactical standpoint, because none of his targets could shoot back."

So it could also be possible that Adam Lanza targeted the school because that was a large gathering of people, so he could kill many, and in a short period of time. So he could out kill the person in numbers, that he had information on his computer.

Also, if he knew he was not going to be meet with resistance, why would he follow such a procedure, if not because of the video game experience. In other words, did it really matter to Adam Lanza that he was entering a "Gun Free Zone", or was he in fact already trained by the video games to meet resistance, and maybe even wanted it. He may have chosen Sandy Hook because he knew his way around there, being a former student. He may have chosen the grade school because of less physical resistance, not necessarily firepower.

He did actually fire at police when they arrived, according to the Frontline program. He then killed himself with his pistol, maybe because he was out of ammo of the rifle.

16. timberfaller

Read CBS's article, HE was a "copy catter" he wanted to kill more people then his hero, The Norway shooter who killed 76 people.

Have you forgotten already what the dad said? She was trying to "bond" with him through "target shooting"?

She was into target shooting as a hobby, what is your hobby?

If your passing it on to your kids or other kids, YOU are a EVIL person in the eyes of Liberals!

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"did it really matter to Adam Lanza that he was entering a "Gun Free Zone", or was he in fact already trained by the video games to meet resistance, and maybe even wanted it."

Above is a link to a story that was on the local news. A story in that was made that said that Lanza believed that it was the easiest way to kill the most people in the shortest amount of time.

Well you click on the link and on the page that comes up click on the 4th story entitled

"Investigators say Lanza motivated by Norway mass killer"

Then see what you get. BTW you will find that on that site any way. You will get the same thing on any article that has any of the same type of comments by Lanza.

So tell us why are you defending him or at least giving him the benefit of the doubt????

Bob Lawless

18. timberfaller

I am not defending him, but I dought that you'll get a "fair and balanced" report from Frontline. Seen some of their shows, their track record is not that sound!!

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Still Farting, you're reading more into what I wrote than what I said, nor why you're using it as a rebuttal to my post. It's non sequiter. I never mentioned using his computer to find a school. I simply wrote about the video game aspect.

20. Stl Flyn

Galt in Oregon,

I guess I can say the same. I was not doubting your point, or using it as a rebuttal. Video games played a big part in his mindset. Why else would he be reloading before his magazine was empty, as to not have to pull the bolt after every magazine reload. It wasn't like his life depended on it. Like you say, just the fact that he knew about having to do this means he must have practiced doing it, and felt it necessary, just because of the video games.

I was just pointing out that there where other reasons why he choose the school, besides it being a "Gun Free Zone". If he knew that there where no guns present, why wouldn't he just empty every magazine he could to make sure he meet his objective? The reference of the computer was about the mass killer in Norway that he wanted to surpass in body count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.