1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Language problems in Oregon?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by J.Woolsey, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

This was sent to me in a video E-mail attachment, I tried to get the shortcut to it but couldnt. I went to Fox news and did a search here's the copy. Makes you wonder, huh?

Burning Issue

There is an urgent need for firefighters in the West to battle about two dozen major wildfires.

TheDenverChannel.com reports many of the new recruits are Hispanics who speak only Spanish. That means that some of the supervisors who speak only English are being laid off or demoted. In Oregon, a crew boss is required to be able to speak the language of the firefighters — even if it's only one worker on a 20-person crew. The state says the rule is necessary for safety reasons.

So why not require the workers to speak English? The state has no clear answer.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Why not require the workers to speak Engligh? Because that would make sense. The government is involved, so nothing is going to make sense.

And in todays United States the Hispanic must be kissed and sucked up to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.