1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lancaster PA and surrounding areas-Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wayne of PA, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I am currently considering accepting an employment opportunity in town of Lititz, PA, north of Lancaster. If I accept this position I will be seeking a temporary living quarters in Lititz or any of the surrounding areas such as Manheim, Mount Joy just to name a few.

Because of other obligations where I currently live, I will not be able to make a permanent move at this time. I am looking for a room, or small apartment to rent at a reasonable driving distance from Lititz. I will be returning home on weekends so my overnight stays will probably be only 4 to 5 nights a week.

I am a life time member of the ATA and probably have shot trap with many of you. If anyone can help me out with this situation I would be greatly appreciated. My email address is listed above. Thank You,

Dale Robuck,

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Wayne, I don't live in that area, as you know, but I worked in Mount Joy for 18 years. You'll find that entire area very nice and people the same.

If you decide upon a place to the west of Lititz, Manheim would probably be your best bet. There are three roads, Newport Road, Doe Run Road and PA 772, that run directly or almost directly from Manheim or near Manheim to Lititz and on to Leola (there's a very good wing shop there, by the way). And PA 501 connects Lititz with the rest of Lancaster County to the north and south. Trapshooter Frank Good lives in Manheim and will likely add more accurate info to this thread. There also is a shooter named Mark who lives in Lititz and posts on here. Mark has only lived there a few years but would still be able to help you quite a bit. Jim Burk lives in southern Lancaster County but has lived there a long time and could probably help you, as well.

I spent a lot of time in the Manheim area from 1995 to 2001, when I was the used vehicle buyer for a GM dealership in Hershey. I was at the Manheim Auto Auction, which is the largest of its kind in the world, two to three days a week and got to know a lot of the brokers who sold there. I would visit their shops located all around the Manheim area during non-sale days to scope out the units they would be offering at the next sale. The city of Lancaster leaves a few things to be desired but the surrounding Lancaster County area is very nice.

Best of luck in your new endeavor. Let me know where to meet you on Monday to pick up those hulls.

Ed

3. mark54

mark54 Member

I have sent you e-mail.
    Mark54 in Lititz

4. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Hey Dale

Manheim Sportsman's Association shoots practice every Wednesday night and Saturdays. Be glad to have you join us. Two traps with GMV machines and Outers voice release. Check our web site at the URL above. Also, we are now serving breakfast on Saturdays.

Cost, still holding at $5.00 for 50 targets.

DIRECTIONS

Look for Manheim on the map and fine route 72 running through Manheim. Take route 72 NORTH. Approximately 3 miles north of Manheim look for Oak Tree Road. It will be a left turn from route 72. The club is located a approximately 2 to 3 miles on Oak Tree Rd. there is a sign at the top of the lane.

Frank

5. antique

antique TS Member

My club shoots every Tuesday from 1p.m to 10 p.m. my phone number is home 717-872-2778 club 717-786-7712 Wayne you are more than welcome. Thanks Ed.Jim Burk

6. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I appreciate all of you that welcomed me to your club; however my main concern now is to find a place to live if I take this new job just like the post says.

I won't be able to make a permanent move for approximately two years. My wife will then have her 35Th year of teaching and probably retire. If my new job is successful we will then make a move.

I am heading down to Lititz again on Monday to job shadow for most of the day. I am then looking at an apartment for rent north of Lititz. It’s a little costly but it may be my only option if I can't find anything else. Again if anyone can help in any way, please let me know. I would be greatly appreciated.

Dale,

7. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Mark,

I received your email and reply was sent. Please read. Again many thanks,

Dale

Ed,

Thanks for your direction. I have your cell and telephone numbers. You'll being hearing from me on Monday. Probably late Monday afternnon. With the snow coming it will probably slow me down. Thanks,

Dale

8. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Okay, Dale. I have to look at a condo in Mechanicsburg at 3:00 for a friend who is working in Wyoming right now, but just call me and we'll get together.

You know, when I saw the club information, I wondered how anyone got "looking for a place to shoot" out of "looking for a place to live" but what the shucks, it's the Internet.

Ed

10. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Ed,

I know just what you mean. Oh well!

See you tomorrow,

Dale

11. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

To the post that was deleted.

I really appreciate your offer. I am looking for something a little more permanent. My home is approximately 2 hours north Lancaster. To travel another hour south would be too long on the road. Again I really appreciate the offer.

PS. I haven’t smoked a cigarette since 1977.

Dale

12. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Dale,

Just use my name, they'll hook you up with whatever you need. :p

-Justin Lancaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.