1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lanber shotguns for a 12 year old

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by OhioK80, Jul 7, 2013.

1. OhioK80

OhioK80 TS Member

0   0   0

Anybody have experience with lanber trap guns for youth?

2. joee12

joee12 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Lanber is a good shotgun, there are some good buys on the auction sites.. I owned the 2099 Trap model and shot it for a while. I sold it to buy an 870 competition. Not sure what model you are looking at, but I would think the over/unders would be a litte heavy for him, the semi-auto may work. Check out the Lanber forum over on shotgunworld.com there is tons of info on the Lanbers.

3. bhasser

bhasser TS Member

0   0   0

I shoot a 12 ga o/u Lanber Challenger LBS Case colored receiver in 30" and absolutely love the gun. I bought a second one just like it for my 9 soon to be 10 year old in a 28" version. The guns are a little heavy which helps absorb alot of the recoil so recoil isn't an issue, and wasn't for him (light loads). It will be whether they can hold and swing the weight of the gun. I dropped my son back down to a 28 gauge until he builds up his strength so his form doesn't suffer. If interested I am looking to sell my NIB unfired 28" version for $850 plus shipping.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

They are junk and it would be incredible if both barrels hit anywhere close to each other.

You're better off with a used 1100.

Jb

5. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

0   0   0

Not sure what Tron is basing his overly descriptive evaluation on.

I bought a model 2087 "blemished" field gun last year to use for skeet shooting and was pleasantly surprised at the quality for the dollar. Both barrels shoot to point of aim and the chokes throw decent patterns. It's a solid, well made gun, with excellent fit and finishing. They are made in Spain on modern cnc equipment and are used all over Europe as "club guns".

Do they have the fit and finish of a Beretta, K-gun or Perazzi? No, but they don't cost several thousand $$ either!

In my opinion they are the functional equal to the Browning Citori, another "budget" gun. I've owned several Citori's over the years and have found them to be somewhat stiff and clunky; The Lanber is built as well and is mechanically smoother in operation (at least mine and one belonging to a fellow shooter's is).

Attached are a few pics:

kivc_2009_301179.jpg

kivc_2009_301180.jpg

kivc_2009_301181.jpg

kivc_2009_301182.jpg

kivc_2009_301183.jpg

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Based on my experiences with customers that bought them. The patterning board never lies and I do check from a bench rest.

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

I would avoid these if possible. Guy was shooting one next to me one day and the forearm broke and the gun literally came apart with all the pieces on the concrete. A real mess.

T

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

They do make a nice looking canoe paddle.

9. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

0   0   0

"I would avoid these if possible. Guy was shooting one next to me one day and the forearm broke and the gun literally came apart with all the pieces on the concrete. A real mess. "

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a Chevrolet once that the tire went flat on and then shredded right there on the concrete.

Based on that experience I'd avoid Chevrolets if possible, too.

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

There is no reason that the Spanish guns shouldn't be high quality..........But:

A friend of mine bought an expensive AYA some years back and sold it not long after.

As Tron states, his SXS did not shoot where you looked. Both barrels had a mind of their own. He was an avid Grouse hunter and that did not sit well with him.

Regards....Gerald

11. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

semi autos, if you want to shoot a 12 gauge, are the way to go. beretta 391s are a reasonable price used and have no recoil. Good luck.

12. fearnot

fearnot Member

0   0   0

I had one the gun was OK except for the trigger[ very heavy]. I sent it back for repair and the people who did the warrnty work for Lamber said it was in limits. The pull was over 10 lbs. I sold the gun.

Search tags for this page
djw0119
lamber shotgun reviews
lanber 2087
lanber challenger lbs review
lanber for trap

lanber semi auto

lanber trap shotgun review
trap shotgun for a 12year old