1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lamber 2099 trap Model Selector

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmunsell, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

I just purchased me a 2099 and went out and fired it tonight. I did OK the first round but it is difficult to figure out the selector switch. I'm very disappointed you can't just select what barrel you want to fire from. Is there a way to select the upper barrel to fire first? Strange way to set this up. Any help would be appreciated. Please email me.

2. 808state

808state Member

On your safety there's a switch that slides sideways exposing one or two dots. 1 dot showing is over, 2 dots showing is under. I just try and remember "1 over 2 under".

3. jmunsell

The switch only move's forward and backwards and doesn't slide from side to side. If this only works with the bottom barrel first it may just make this shotgun useless for anything long distance. Seems like there must be a way to select the top barrel but I see nothing in the manual other then it fire the bottom barrel first. Good if your a doubles shooter but not singles, doesn't make sense.

James Munsell

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Obviously, it is non-selectable. This is fairly common with
    Spanish manufatuured shotguns.

5. jmunsell

Wow that makes it almost useless. Wear out the bottom barrel I guess. Nice gun other then that. Makes no sense to me to design it like that unless you shoot doubles only. I guess I will sell it and get a different gun.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

A VAST majority of people who load one shell at a time in their o/u will use the bottom barrel only.

"this shotgun useless for anything long distance" Does your gun lack screw in chokes?

7. jmunsell

Set chokes. Darn and I like the gun. Not sure what to do from here. For me I will only shoot 16 anyway but for my son whom which I really bought it for he may get into competition later I'm to old for that. Would be nice to have the option of either barrel.

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I would think the path of least resistance would be to have a screw choke installed in the bottom barrel. Probably less $ than the loss you'll take selling a used gun.

9. jmunsell

Live and learn I guess. It's still a nice gun just a shame they make them this way. Only has 100 shots fired through it. first round I hit 22 out of 25 so not bad. Maybe there is a way to make it work.

10. 808state

808state Member

Didn't realize the trap model was non-selectable and fixed choke. I have the Lanber LBS Sporting and it comes with 5 screw in chokes and single selectable trigger. I believe it was cheaper than the Lanber Trap model as well.

11. jmunsell

Well I was under the impression this one would at least have the selector and I also didn't know they made them with a single selector with absolutely no way to select whatever barrel you wanted. Stupid if you ask me. However it may be it is a very nice shooting gun and I will more then likely not shoot anything other then closest to the target anyway just want this for my boy and if he gets into it would need the selection so I will keep this one for myself or sell it if I get the right offer.

12. 808state

808state Member

Just out of curiosity did you purchase you Lanber Trap from CDNN? I looked at their catalogue and their listing for the 2099 Deluxe Trap 30" barrel fixed IM and Full choke has a selectable trigger. Would you be able to post a pic of your safety?

13. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

If this is indeed a Lanber 2099 trap gun and it has fixed chokes it has to have a barrel selector! How would you ever shoot the upper barrel?

Call the good folks at CDNN, 800-588-9500, ask for Seth.

Look at the pic below of my Lanber action. If you notice, the safety has a switch in the center of the safety that can be moved from side to side to select which barrel fires first. I believe your 2099 should look the same.

[​IMG]

14. 808state

808state Member

Thanks kiv-c. That's exactly what I wanted to illustrate. In that pic with 1 dot exposed the over barrel should fire first, 2 dots exposed and the under barrel fires first.

15. jmunsell

It is solid and will not move left or right.

16. jmunsell

Sorry and yes I did order it fro CDNN. I will call and talk to him tomorrow.

17. jmunsell

Now here's another question can I just get the switch and change the selector switch out??

18. 808state

808state Member

Sorry, it's more than just a switch. Your best bet is to call CDNN.

19. jmunsell

I just looked at the CDNN catalog again and it says "single selective trigger" so I'm wondering if there is some way to make the trigger select the barrel rather then the switch? I will call Seth today and see if he can shed some light on this.

20. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

If you pull the stock off, the innards of your action should look like this:

[​IMG]

The various parts you see just below the safety/barrel selector is what's needed to select which barrel fires. If your action innards don't look exactly like what's shown above then I suspect the gun was assembled with the wrong action!

Kiv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
barrel selector is a useless option
lamber trap gun
lanber 2099

lanber 2099 shotgun reviews

lanber 2099 trap

lanber shotgun 2099
lanber shotguns identification 2099
side by side lamber