1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lake Erie Smallmouth Bass Poachers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DoubleAuto, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Talk about excessive, over your limit Smallmouth Bass poaching. Six idiots (3 from Tennessee, 3 from Georgia) caught and froze 141 Smallmouth Bass OVER their limits in three days of fishing. Hope they throw the book at them. Mostly older men who should know better.

Google "Lake Erie Bass Poachers" for details.

DoubleAuto

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

wow I used to live in Wickliffe Ohio

The Cuyohoga river was on fire for several days- not oil but a chemical reaction of all the pollutants

They used to replace the bottom of the boat - tour boat that traveled up and down the river and into the lake- they would only get one year out of a bottom before it would leak- corroded through

Fishing sure must have picked up

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

There were a boatful of on Fletchers Pond a few years back that were practicing "Fillet and Release" methods and they were severely dealt with. No more fishing for them, not to mention stiff fines.

These guys are going to get burned pretty bad.

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I fished bass tournaments for almost 27yrs. and spent thousands of dollars making sure the fish were alive and well at weigh-in so they could be released alive. These guys were not true bass fisherman. What the hell were they thinking? I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Steve

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Bluegill taste much better than bass.

I never keep a bass even when I fish for them. Smallies are special and IMO should never be taken.

I hope that the Fish and Game Department takes their boat, vehicles, tackle and fines them for the replacement cost of mature Smallmouth, several thousand dollars each person and revokes their fishing and hunting rights for a long period.

Ed Ward

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Sounds like some type of market fishing going on. Glad they caught these low lifes.

Ronbo

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of when I lived in South Dakota. The DNR had two trucks pulled over at the I94 exit near Kimball and they found about 400 pheasants. These clowns were from Kentucky and I had seen them around there every year. DNR finally found out they had been doing it for years. They all four went to jail and lost lifetime fishing and hunting priveledges. The fines were mind boggling

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I hope they make them eat them all before locking them up!

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Happening at the Jersey shore with short Stripe Bass and out of season Fluke plus shorts thru the legal season . Just not enough CO`s to cover them . Glad some are getting caught . I`ve seen for years , freshwater fishermen with no licences displayed .

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what they do to poachers up there, but down here its $500 per fish and because its the Fish and Game Department and not the local police or Sheriff its a Federal Prison not a local or State Prison you are sent to. They take everything when you are caught. Here they wait for you to put your boat on the trailer and pull out of water, that way they take your pulling truck,boat and trailer, all fishing stuff and everything in your truck pulling it all at the same time. 141 over the limit puts tham at $70,500 plus fines and court costs, not to mention the extra fines and storage charges to get your truck and boat back/which may or may not be offered to you because they just might take it. They don't play down here. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.