1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lage Uni Wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Are these still available anywhere??

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

NOt any more as far as I know. Haven't seen them for a few years. Local dealer used to carry them. A yahoo search for Farmer Bros. Mfg. has no results.

I would say they're gone.

HM

3. BAP

BAP TS Member

They used to make plastic bench ends that you slid 2x4's into to make a bench. I would sure like to get some more benches from them. Billh

4. halfmile

There's a site for you.

Northern Tool.com has nicer ones, but they're 50 bucks a set. These are 39, I think.

HM

5. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

They have been gone about 11 years now. Some race shooters stil hoard a few and they are pricey.

6. My-stores

My-stores TS Member

What can they do that wads today can't???????????????

7. halfmile

the ribbed outer surface purportedly reduced friction. I never ran any tests, but I liked the wads. Shot my first 50 straight with them.

They also had a center insert that collapsed rather than legs. This made it easy to adjust column height.

HM

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Yeah, what Dick said above! I have a handful of those left, I'll try taking a picture and post it here. The ribbed outer surface of that wad was tough and said to have less barrel friction than others. I shot some good scores using those wads too.

Maybe I should send a couple to Kevin Lewis? Hap

9. jtgunn

jtgunn TS Member

Put me in for 10k - if they ever make them again! Best little wad I ever used, bar none. Self-adjusting, ribbed, and super patterns
    Here is a photo - Lage is the little guy with the red insert...

Rich ...back at the fence

10. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

One of the best darn wads made. Worked for just about everything from 7/8 oz to I think you could even get 1 1/2 oz in by removing the insert. The jackpot shooters swore by them. Incidently, I have suggested them to Kevin.

Big Jack

11. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I have shot them and loaded them since the early 80's. Lage Uniwade, Victor Iowa, Crow Shooting Supply. I won a bag of 1000 and at that time was shooting a Model 12. Really could smoke a target. Loaded them on and off thru the years. Bought 50,000 and loaded them till they were gone. I found 3000 last fall and loaded them with 22.5 grn.s of PB STS 209 1 1/8 of 7 1/2's in a Nitro hull. SEX ON THE BEACH. Smokes em hard from the 27 with a Perazzi. Always looking for more. They are around in small quantities. They are a little difficult to load as they do not have a lot to hold on to but there is no adjusting your loader for different loads. Seat the wad and load them.

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Beerking, Who was the guy that bought out the wad after Steve. He was a pretty good shooter. He gave me some to try. Regards to your Dad. Dave Bishop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.