1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LADIES, SECOND AMENDMENT SISTERS WANTS YOU!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jennifer, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I'd like to invite the pro-Second Amendment ladies - and guys - to join us! There are a multitude of threats to our right to self defense on the horizon - one need only to visit the whitehouse website or http://www.opencongress.org/issue/top_twenty_bills/4849_firearms to get an idea of what is in store for us!

Our Mission

Second Amendment Sisters, Inc. is a women's advocacy group dedicated to preserving the basic human right to self-defense, as recognized by the Second Amendment. We believe in personal responsibility, education, and enforcement of laws against violent criminals.

A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER

Over the years, many politicians, pundits and other assorted public figures have tried to convince us that the only way to end violence in the United States is to place severe restrictions on private gun ownership. If a tragedy occurs, and the perpetrator’s weapon of choice is a gun, the politicians, pundits and other assorted public figures are quick to place blame on the "easy access" to firearms, and the proliferation of the “gun culture” in America. The greater good would be served, they say, by tightly controlling or eliminating guns.

The fact that firearms have been responsible for saving multitudes of innocent lives is, unfortunately, one of the world’s best-kept secrets. Indisputable studies have concluded that there are 2.5 million defensive uses of firearms every year. Most defensive gun uses do not even involve the discharging of a weapon. Simply displaying the firearm is often enough to ward off an attacker, with less than 3% of these instances ending in the wounding or killing of an assailant. By looking at the number of senseless deaths that guns prevent, it is obvious that the greater good is being served by having armed citizens.

For increasing numbers of women, ownership of a gun, and knowing how to use it properly, are significant steps toward peace of mind and security. An estimated 17 million women in the United States own guns, and that number is growing.

If you are a woman who owns a gun, you have an equalizer. Since most assailants will be bigger and stronger than you, and almost 90% of those assailants will not have a weapon of their own, you and your loved ones stand a much better chance of getting away unscathed if you are armed. Isn't that your right?

A nation without weapons, crime and hatred might seem to be an admirable goal, but it is hardly a realistic one, since the criminals among us will never comply. The world has become a smaller place thanks to technology, and the freedom we enjoy allows for a variety of images to play on our television and computer screens. In a free society, it is incumbent on parents to guide their children through any confusion brought about by what they see and hear. It is quite simple - good parenting makes good kids.

Parental vigilance ensures that children grow up with an ability to tell right from wrong, and to distinguish fantasy and reality. It has been proven that children who learn at an early age that guns are not toys or movie props are more likely to give them the respect they require, and will be unlikely to abuse a firearm in the future. Sadly, in the same schools across the country where kids are being taught the finer points of safe sex, the subject of firearms safety is taboo.

We don't need more laws. Virtuous people will obey laws. Violent criminals will not. Consequently, greater numbers of virtuous people, who abide by laws, are more likely to become victims of violent criminals as a result of gun control - study after study has proven that gun control increases violent crime. In countries where extreme measures have been taken to "control guns" (such as Australia and England), the rates of all types of crime have gone up, proving that the stricter the law, the more of a disadvantage good people will face. Self-defense is everyone's right. Vigorous prosecution of and stiff sentences for violent criminals need to be the order of the day.

DO YOUR PART!

Do you value your Rights? Then join us in our efforts! All women and men are invited to help, because this affects all of us, and our right to protect our families. By campaigning for tougher sentences for violent criminals, greater parental responsibility and involvement, and an end to the assault on our Constitutional Rights, we will ensure a better future for everyone.

Please browse through our site (http://www.2asisters.org/) and you will find a wealth of articles, opinions, statistics and links that should answer most of your questions. If you're still wondering, please feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to help.

You can sign up online. If there is a security problem with the site, I can send you an application by email. My email is above - please remove "nospambots" from the address. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Yours In Freedom,

Jennifer, Idaho State Co-Coordinator

2. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Up for Jennifer and the SAS.

I'd like to see every gun club represented here offer Intro-to-handgun courses, for women only. Not only is self-defense a basic human right, so are the empowerment and freedom from fear a basic handgun class gives women. Phil E

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

That's the spirit, Phil! Thanks for the great comments! I was only appointed 4 days ago, but I am already planning to organize ladies' handgun courses in SW Idaho, just as you describe. It's a really great cause.

Yours in Freedom,

Jennifer

4. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

COME ON LADIES, WE NEED YA!

JENNIFER, IDAHO CO-COORDINATOR, SECOND AMENDMENT SISTERS

5. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

It doesn't seem to matter whether a woman is familiar with firearms or not, confident alone on a hiking trail or not, when she finishes a basic handgun course she leaves it a changed person. I can't even guess how many scores of women have commented after a course how different they feel. They now see that an armed person is in absolute control of everything and everyone around them. This one fact alone is a life-changing event. Truth be told, I'd rather teach a woman handgun proficiency than shoot clay birds. It's an awesome, humbling feeling to share this knowledge. Enjoy yourself, Jennifer, and God bless. Phil E

6. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I agree there was a time that my husband was at work, we live were if you screamed no one would here you. My kids and myself were home alone. An for the lack of better works a gentleman knocked at the door. He said he was a cancer insurance salesman,,, I kindly told him I was busy and if he wanted to make an appointment I would listen to him at a later time. That's wen I went to close the door, He tried to stop it with his hand.... I reached in my back pocket and cocked the gun needless to say he left with wet pants. I have never had that feeling before or since that , But , was very glad to have my gun that day!!!!He never came back for the appointment (hahaha)

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The second amendment is the most important aspect of our constitution. Being a Jew, I know the consequences of an unarmed minority. I currently have more fire power than the entire Jewish population of the Warsaw Ghetto. An unarmed population will enable an out of control gov't or an out of control invader the ability to do whatever they want unchallenged. In the worst case scenario,I know I will take out at least one person who is a danger to myself & my wife. I will go out like aman & not an animal slaughtered.

Phil Berkowitz

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Jennifer I hope all the ladies in your area have a great time with this. It is a glittering opportunity to show the ladies that have never had any interaction with firearm. That shooting is fun and not as blood thirsty as the anti would have everyone believe.

I live in a very liberal state(Massachusetts)and our state firearms organizations Goal(Gun Owners Action League)has a program called Women on Target and it affords the Ladies a chance to see, handle, and shoot all type of firearms(no machine guns)and the Ladies love it.

I wish you and all the women who participate all the best.

What I find interesting here(not to put a negative on this thread)is all of the Heroes that were slamming Curvy in the sugar daddy thread. Not one of them has added a positive comment on this thread. I might note this thread has been on this forum for almost 4 days and has a grand total of 6 posts 3 by Jennifer 1 by 100after9 and 2 by Phil E to who I tip my hat good for you Phil.

It wood seem to me that to all of those that though that other thread was direct solely at Devi I think the lack of response to this thread only furthers the beliefs that most of the "Good Old Boys" on this forum have no regard for the women in the shooting sports.

Once again I hope you are very sucessful in this endeavor and have fun with it

Bob Lawless

9. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

Jennifer, you go girl!

Success to you and the Second Amendment sisters.

Forty years ago my wife and children were rock hunting in the remote desert of Nevada.

My wife saved us when she picked up a Winchester 30-30 and aimed it at two thugs that come upon me suddenly. They got the heck out of there real fast.
    She didn't even fire a shot.

Arnie

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I teach women clay target shooting in the NRA Women On Target seminars. They also learn handgun and rifle. It is awsome watching this big group of women all wearing big smiles at the end of the day. It does change them and you can see it.

11. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Jennifer said it all and didn't need any help from a man.

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Good to see that Idaho has kept you active. Come visit when you return to California... Fred, NHSC

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Milkbone the only one that seems to object to the support is you. I would say that,that is your problem.

After all you could have pasted this thread by with out your obtuse comment. Yet you felt a need to prove what type of sweetheart you really are.

You did it just fine.

Bob Lawless

14. Lyle

Lyle Member

Jennifer,
    Let me know when and where for the firearms course. I may be able to point a couple of gals your way.
    LYle

15. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Thank you to all for such great comments! I appreciate the support.

Thanks for sharing your personal experiences with self defense. I believe these incidents are very under-reported. See the gun defense blog above - it's updated daily.

Phil Berkowitz, your comments are very powerful. I was talking to Clayton Cramer yesterday (he is the author of Armed America: The Remarkable Story of How and Why Guns Became as American as Apple Pie). He only lives a few miles away from me. The subject of the Warsaw Ghetto came up, and his wife who is a teacher remarked that there is a shocking and tragic lack of time spent (if any) on the Holocaust in schools today. If we don't teach history to our children, we are doomed to repeat it. Hitler's chilling quotes on how a populace must be disarmed to control it are relevant now and always will be.

Hi Fred, next time we're down we'll swing by. We probably wouldn't recognize the club!

Thanks again everybody, and by the way, guys can join too!

Jennifer

16. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Hearing lots of crickets here, ladies!

If you're not impressed with the website, it's going to be overhauled soon!

Jennifer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.