1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(Lack of) Breakfest at the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rodbuster, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Went to the Grand yesterday, and was dissapointed in the way the breakfast buffet was run. We arrived at the restaurant and were told that we could have the breakfast buffet, but there were no eggs. The lady went on to say that they had run out of eggs after serving about 80 customers, and there were no more eggs. Is the restaurant being run by someone new? We had a good breakfast there last year, but this year was a dissapointment to say the least.

2. Kent

Kent TS Member

Go to the east end of the vendors tents. Better food and better prices.

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Did I see a sign that said $11.00 or so? That would be alot for a breakfast.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Come on! You go to the Grand and you want to bitch about the lack of eggs on the buffet.

Don

5. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

BIGDON- It does seem sometime like - Lets see, what can we bitch about?

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I think the breakfast buffet was something like $7.95. And yes Don, I will mention the fact that there was no eggs for breakfast. We drove over five hours to get to the Grand, and I was bragging about the good breakfast we had there last year, only to be let down when we got there. I wound up going down to the venders tent area and getting something to eat there. You were right Killian's Red.

7. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Just out of curiosity, bigdon or kenx, did either one of you go to the Grand this year?

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

A poor breakfast can ruin your day, .......what else did they have for me egss are last on the list when it comes to Bfastbuffet

9. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I think they had biscuits and gravy, cereal, they were about out of coffee cake and danish, they also had potatoes, sausage and bacon.

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Eggs are bad for you anyway.....you need more fiber.

Tron

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

No wonder Rodbuster didn't get any eggs if you had 2 helpings.

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

BIGDON, there were always EGGS @ Vandalia....lol

13. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Actually sportshot, there were five of us planning to have breakfast, and when we were told they ran out of eggs, we just left. There was no screaming, etc. Out of curiousity, were you at the Grand?

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

DON'T MESS WITH TRAPSHOOTERS FOOOD!

15. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I noticed that you deleted your earlier post sportshot. I have been to the Grand all three years that it has been at Sparta. I bragged to my friends from the club about how good the breakfast was last year, and also about the good time I had in '06 and '07. My original question was if someone new was running the restaurant. We drove over five hours to get to the Grand, and everyone in our group was expecting the good breakfast that I had bragged about. I didn't post here to bum rap anyone, or to slam the Grand. I think it is important to attend shooting events, gunshows, etc, in order to help our sport. If you look at my other posts about the Grand, you will see they are all positive. I would like to come down to the Grand with even more people from the Chicagoland area next year, and I think the lure of good food would be a plus.

16. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

EE....some of us appreciate the heads up on this so we can make other plans. If they keep running out of food and then refuse to refund money ...by golly, someone needs to gripe about it! No excuse for running out anyway. They should be better prepared.

17. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

During the SCTP shoot, they were out of alot of food. To get food you had to ask what do you have. I was dissappointed in the indoor cafe for that reason. But some vendors had food and in town had lots of food.

18. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

EE, I get the impression that the people who run the Grand and the people who run the restaurant are two seperate entities. So who would you talk to after being told by the lady at the restaurant that they have no eggs? I can only assume that her boss would know they were out of eggs. Would you go to an ATA official and tell him or her? Would they then run out and get some eggs? You may call it griping on the internet, but I see it as asking a simple question about the restaurant. I have always gotten good info on this website when I have asked questions before. It also seems to me that other customers at the restaurant were not overjoyed with the situation there. I think that at an event like the Grand, the customers at the restaurant should not be faced with issues such as these.

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

rodbuster: Yes I am at the Grand. There is a restaurant in town that serves breakfast all day. Della's on the south side on rte 4.

Frank: You obviously didn't eat in the cafe at Vandalia often, which is why Friendlys across the street was so busy.

Don

20. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I tried to eat at the Cafe but the flies ate my food before I could.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.