1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Labor Dept waives WARN for Impending layoffs

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by lots of 24's, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

The impendindg cuts in the defense budget will cause thousands of people to be laid off by BAE Systems and Lockheed Martin. BUT if they follow the current laws laid out by the WARN Act they must notify employees and the government 60 - 90 days ahead of time of any mass layoffs or plant closings. THAT would make the warnings due just ahead of election day..............sooooooo........just to make sure that doesnt happen. The Labor dept has told Lockheed Martin and BAE systems that they dont have to comply with the WARN act in this case. Dont want any informed, unemployed, intelligent people causing a rucus , just before elections............how sneaky can you be???? What a bunch of scum bags.........from top to bottom. Your tax dollar, you government in action.....Read the attached article from todays Wall Steeet Journal.

2. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

This is not the article I read this morning in this paper. I am sorry I can not find it. This is the same topic. the article I read told about how both companies were not sure if they believed the government or if it would be legal to not notify employees. Both companies are not positive about exactly how many jobs they stand to lose if the automatic cuts to the defense budget kick in after the first of the year. BAE says it could lose 4000 jobs , 10 per cent of its US business.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If I was a corporate chieftain I would not accept any assurances from the Obama administration that the criteria had been waived. Just more of Lord Obeyme's flauting of laws. This would expose the corporation to legal issues and I doubt Lord Obeyme's henchmen would go to bat for them.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

They'd be wise to go ahead and tuck something in the paychecks anyway...if they truly understand who's got it out for them.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Truly we are a nation of men and not of laws.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

and many of the men,,,,,are not good men.....

7. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Obviously laws mean nothing.........to our nations lawmakers. How sad is that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.